This Wednesday is the moment we’ve all been waiting for: the return, once again, of the greatest writer in the history of comics, Chris Claremont. Claremont is writing X-Men Black’s Magneto issue with artist Dalibor Talajic, and we’re hoping it will lead to some kind of ongoing work in the near future, not just one-shots and anthology stories. But that’s to worry about next week. For now, we’re happy to have Claremont back, even for a single issue.
And in a preview of the issue, Claremont seems to be laying the groundwork for some more long term work. We already know he’s creating a new character currently known only as the “Warden,” and Claremont has created a second character right in the preview: a young waitress named Kate who Magneto points out reminds of another “Kate” he knew around her age, referring seemingly to Kitty Pryde. We can’t wait to learn more!
Check out the preview below, and get ready for Claremont’s triumphant return on Wednesday.
X-Men Black: Magneto
(W) Chris Claremont (A) Dalibor Talajic (CA) J. Scott Campbell
MAGNETO IS BACK!
…and so is Chris Claremont! For years, Magneto has done everything he can to achieve his goals for mutant domination. But now Magneto has declared that enough is enough. So what revolutionary plan does Magneto have that will change the face of mutantkind? And will anyone be able to stop him? Will anyone want to? PLUS: Includes Part 1 of X-MEN BLACK: APOCALYPSE the back up story by Zac Thompson, Lonnie Nadler, and Geraldo Borge!
In Shops: Oct 03, 2018
- Andrew Aydin to Bring Captain America to the Civil Rights Movement in Marvel Comic Presents #3 - December 18, 2018
- Unstoppable No More? The Wasp Left Out of Marvel’s March Solicitations - December 18, 2018
- Vault Comics Goes All In on Cates and Burnett’s Interceptor - December 18, 2018
- Christopher Hastings & David Hahn Reboot the Six Million Dollar Man at Dynamite in March - December 18, 2018
- Road to War of the Realms Leads Through Avengers, Thor, and Asgardians of the Galaxy in March - December 18, 2018