Following a hospital visit earlier this month, Stan Lee has revealed via record video message that he is battling pneumonia, for which he needs more time to recover. The video, recorded by Lee, has been released by TMZ and can be viewed below:
ComicBook.com transcribed Lee’s message into text as well.
“Hiya heroes, this is Stan Lee,” Lee said. “I haven’t been in touch with you lately. Had a little bout of pneumonia I’ve been fighting, but it seems to be getting better. But I want you all to know I’m thinking of you.”
“Of course, I always think of the fans, and I hope you’re all doing well and I miss you all,” Lee continued. “I miss your enthusiasm. I miss all the notes and the photos and the emails I used to get, and I still get a lot of them, and I want you to know that I still love you all and I think that Marvel and Spidey and I have the best group of fans that any group in the world ever had and I sure appreciate it.”
“So let me know how you’re doing,” Lee added. “I hope everything is going well for you, and I hope next time we talk I’ll be in even better shape. Maybe I’ll have some of this pneumonia knocked down and we can have some real fun over the Internet. Until then, Excelsior.
It’s sad to see Stan Lee in poor health, and we wish him the speediest recovery. In addition to his health problems, Lee has been embroiled in a number of legal issues, including police and adult protective services visiting his home, sexual harassment and assault allegations, and matters of forged checks and missing money.
- In Goodbye Post for X-Men Red, Tom Taylor Says He Could Have Written Series for Years - December 12, 2018
- Marvel Unlimited Comes Into the Spider-Verse With Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham - December 12, 2018
- Is Tom Taylor Planning to Kill the DC Universe? - December 12, 2018
- Mark Bagley and Chip Zdarsky Launch a Mini-Series Where Spider-Man Ages in Real Time - December 12, 2018
- That Time Bruce Wayne Teamed Up With Donald Trump… In Real Life?! - December 12, 2018