Jeremy Putman, 31-year-old man in Virginia was arrested and charged on Friday with wearing a mask in public after he was spotted walking around dressed as the Joker and wearing Joker make-up.
Police in Winchester received calls regarding a “suspicious male wearing a black cape and carrying a sword” walking around the city.
According to Virginia law, “It shall be unlawful for any person over 16 years of age, with the intent to conceal his identity, wear any mask, hood, or other device, whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered, so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth, without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to do so in writing.”
Putnam is currently being held at the Northwestern Regional Adult Detention Center on a $2,000 secured bond. There is no word if he was found with a sword or not.
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today, And It’s Batman Season For Elmer Fudd – A Comic Show - June 27, 2017
- Tom King Teases Two Pages Of Mister Miracle #1 - June 27, 2017
- Shirtless Bear-Fighter Tears Through First Printing, Goes To Second - June 27, 2017
- Washington DC’s Awesome Con 2017: A Con Continually On The Verge Of Something Big - June 27, 2017
- Marc Silvestri Is Writing And Drawing A Joker/Batman Team-Up Comic - June 27, 2017