Jeremy Putman, 31-year-old man in Virginia was arrested and charged on Friday with wearing a mask in public after he was spotted walking around dressed as the Joker and wearing Joker make-up.
Police in Winchester received calls regarding a “suspicious male wearing a black cape and carrying a sword” walking around the city.
According to Virginia law, “It shall be unlawful for any person over 16 years of age, with the intent to conceal his identity, wear any mask, hood, or other device, whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered, so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth, without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to do so in writing.”
Putnam is currently being held at the Northwestern Regional Adult Detention Center on a $2,000 secured bond. There is no word if he was found with a sword or not.
- Joss Whedon Named As A “Hypocrite Preaching Feminist Ideals” - August 21, 2017
- The Fuzzy Wet Nosed Hounds of Justice! - August 20, 2017
- The Unlicensed Marvel/DC/Fantastic Four Funfair Ride Of Olde London Town - August 20, 2017
- Will You Tweet #WhereIsLoisLaneMerchandise? - August 20, 2017
- Hope Nicholson’s Collection Of Intersectional Gothic Romance Stories, Now On Kickstarter - August 20, 2017