Jeremy Putman, 31-year-old man in Virginia was arrested and charged on Friday with wearing a mask in public after he was spotted walking around dressed as the Joker and wearing Joker make-up.
Police in Winchester received calls regarding a “suspicious male wearing a black cape and carrying a sword” walking around the city.
According to Virginia law, “It shall be unlawful for any person over 16 years of age, with the intent to conceal his identity, wear any mask, hood, or other device, whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered, so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth, without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to do so in writing.”
Putnam is currently being held at the Northwestern Regional Adult Detention Center on a $2,000 secured bond. There is no word if he was found with a sword or not.
- Comixology Bestseller List – 22nd June 2018 – Marvel Inching Their Way Back In - June 22, 2018
- Self Made Hero Brings Ramones, and Nick Cave to Comic Stores in September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- A Third Nameless City from Faith Erin Hicks in First: Second September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- As Nancy In Hell Concludes, Amigo Comics Launches Phantasmagoria in September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- DC Comics to Lose the Gloss? Colourists Take Care - June 22, 2018