Jeremy Putman, 31-year-old man in Virginia was arrested and charged on Friday with wearing a mask in public after he was spotted walking around dressed as the Joker and wearing Joker make-up.
Police in Winchester received calls regarding a “suspicious male wearing a black cape and carrying a sword” walking around the city.
According to Virginia law, “It shall be unlawful for any person over 16 years of age, with the intent to conceal his identity, wear any mask, hood, or other device, whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered, so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth, without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to do so in writing.”
Putnam is currently being held at the Northwestern Regional Adult Detention Center on a $2,000 secured bond. There is no word if he was found with a sword or not.
- Universal FanCon of Baltimore 2018 Suddenly Postponed, One Week Before Event - April 20, 2018
- Gideon Falls, Power Rangers, Her Infernal Descent, and Sonic Get Multiple Printings - April 20, 2018
- What Happened to Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely, and Doug Mahnke on Action Comics #1000? - April 20, 2018
- Matt Fraction… Not on Jimmy Olsen? DC Fresh Stop? - April 20, 2018
- David F. Walker on a Flash Comic? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018