With books such as Marvel’s Wolverine And The X-Men HC collecting four issues of 20 page comics (rather than the seven issues on the Amazon’s listing), shipping yesterday for a whopping $19.99, some readers are in revolt.
Not so much the $3.99 twenty page comic, but four $4.99 twenty page comic in a stiff binder. That’s 25c a page. Damn.
Added to the fact that customers can buy the books close to what retailers pay for them in advance, from Amazon, there’s a fair amount of ruction.
Or the Uncanny X-Force: Otherworld hardcover, which would be five comics for $24.99, now a more reasonable $13. Same with Moon Knight Vol 2, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 2, and Wolverine Goodbye Chinatown.
It’s a similar (though better value) story for upcoming paperbacks such as Deadpool – Volume 9: Institutionalized, Daken: Dark Wolverine: The Pride Comes Before the Fall and Daredevil, Vol. 1.
However, one bright point for retailers is that these books don’t stay at these low prices forever. Also Marvel aren’t ones for keeping too many books in print, and soon those Amazon prices could rocket north of $100. Then retailers can use Amazon to resell their comic for profit! Hopefully before their customers do…
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017