With books such as Marvel’s Wolverine And The X-Men HC collecting four issues of 20 page comics (rather than the seven issues on the Amazon’s listing), shipping yesterday for a whopping $19.99, some readers are in revolt.
Not so much the $3.99 twenty page comic, but four $4.99 twenty page comic in a stiff binder. That’s 25c a page. Damn.
Added to the fact that customers can buy the books close to what retailers pay for them in advance, from Amazon, there’s a fair amount of ruction.
Or the Uncanny X-Force: Otherworld hardcover, which would be five comics for $24.99, now a more reasonable $13. Same with Moon Knight Vol 2, Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 2, and Wolverine Goodbye Chinatown.
It’s a similar (though better value) story for upcoming paperbacks such as Deadpool – Volume 9: Institutionalized, Daken: Dark Wolverine: The Pride Comes Before the Fall and Daredevil, Vol. 1.
However, one bright point for retailers is that these books don’t stay at these low prices forever. Also Marvel aren’t ones for keeping too many books in print, and soon those Amazon prices could rocket north of $100. Then retailers can use Amazon to resell their comic for profit! Hopefully before their customers do…
- Rewriting The DC Universe Today In Flash #21 – Bringing It All Back Again (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- Today, Cassandra Cain Finally Chooses Her New Name (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- Rewriting The Life Of Superman, Lois Lane And Superboy, Today (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- It’s Going To Take A Very Long Time To Rehabilitate Lobo, From Today’s Justice League Of America - April 26, 2017
- Hydra Youth? Previewing Secret Empire #1, #2, The Crossovers And The Spin-Offs… - April 26, 2017