Iceman only has 5 issues of its revival to pack in as much story as possible, which has resulted in a refreshing concept for a mini-series: one-and-done stories in each issue tying into a larger narrative. More comics like that, please, Marvel!
In any case, Iceman #3 is advertised as a team-up of Spider-Man and his… er, we mean Iceman and his Amazing Friends, reprising the popular team-up of Iceman, Spider-Man, and Firestar from the classic 1980s cartoon. And it seems our three heroes will all meet up while on respective dates at food-truck festival called “Street Cart Named Desire.”
Spidey is there with Mary Jane, and after eating a particularly delicious churro, he encourages her to ask him any question. She wants to know if it’s just her, or all redheads that he’s into, and Spidey insists he only has eyes for Mary Jane… so much so that he doesn’t even recognize his old TV co-star!
You know, we wouldn’t complain if this entire issue were just a triple date between these three couples… though presumably some superhero action will break out at some point.
Iceman #3 hits stores on Wednesday.
Iceman #3 (of 5)
(W) Sina Grace (A) Nathan Stockman (CA) W. Scott Forbes
AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS!
• Guest-starring Spider-Man and Firestar!
• Iceman is on a blind date…but what’s a super hero date without a mad villain to crash it?
• What’s Iceman to do but call…his Amazing Friends?!
In Shops: Nov 07, 2018
- Is Next Week’s Weapon X #26, Hell is a Free Market Healthcare System - November 16, 2018
- A Storm is Coming in Next Week’s Shuri #2 - November 16, 2018
- Does Quentin Quire Have 2nd Thoughts About Saving Jubilee? Next Week’s West Coast Avengers #4 - November 16, 2018
- Wait, There’s Another Crimson Gem of Cyttorak Now? Next Week’s Doctor Strange #8 - November 16, 2018
- The Role of American Xenophobia in Next Week’s Infinity Wars: Ghost Panther #1 - November 16, 2018