It seems like every time Marvel publishes a super-mega-crossover event, they claim that the Marvel universe will be shaken to its foundations and nothing will ever be the same again. However, the very nature of comics dictates that things must return to being “the same again” as quickly as possible so Marvel can continue to produce comic books featuring iconic versions of their characters at peak cross-branded marketing synergy.
Well, Soldier Supreme, the mashup of Captain America and Doctor Strange, has had enough of that crap. Once Infinity Wars is over, he doesn’t want to be split back up into two separate characters. He likes himself just the way he is. So when Adam Warlock offers to set things right in this preview of next week’s Infinity Wars #5…
Complicated indeed. And has anyone asked the readers if they consent to the nonstop cycle of super-mega-crossover events and their constantly promised then reverted changes? We also don’t consent to five dollar comic books, while we’re on the subject.
Infinity Wars #5 hits stores on Wednesday.
Infinity Wars #5 (of 6)
(W) Gerry Duggan (A) Mike Deodato (CA) Javi Garron
Introducing… Loki’s Cosmic Avengers!
In Shops: Nov 07, 2018
- Goodbye, Stan Lee [X-ual Healing 11-14-18] - November 18, 2018
- Ex-NYPD Cop Who Got Marvel’s Ike Perlmutter a Gun Permit Says He Received Movie Premiere Tickets at Bribery Trial - November 18, 2018
- Ending the Political Divide Between Liberals and Conservatives in Spider-Force #2 - November 17, 2018
- Stand Your Ground Laws Tested in Next Week’s Immortal Hulk #9 - November 17, 2018
- Stark Unlimited is the New Apple in Next Week’s Tony Stark Iron Man #6 - November 17, 2018