Writer Zac Thompson has revealed a sneak peek at Apocalypse’s new costume, which will debut in this week’s X-Men Black: Mystique. In the Degeneration storyline, which runs across all of this month’s X-Men Black one-shots, Apocalypse is in the midst of creating a new clone body for himself when he decides to temporarily lend the clone his regenerative mutant powers in order to help it survive the process. Unfortunately, Apocalypse is immediately sucked into some kind of dimensional warp which brings him to a new world where everything is evolving around him. But without his own powers, Apocalypse is devolving instead, becoming merely human… or less.
The third part of the five-part story takes place in this week’s issue, but you can see a sneak peek of Apocalypse’s new costume below:
Apocalypse's new costume debuts in X-Men Black – Mystique #1 this week.
— Zac Thompson (@ZacBeThompson) October 15, 2018
Presumably, all of this will be undone by the end of the story… unless it isn’t. In the meantime, what do you think of Apocalypse’s minimalist new costume? Post your reactions in the comments.
X-Men Black Mystique #1
(W) Seanan McGuire, Zac Thompson, Lonnie Nadler (A) Marco Failla (CA) J. Scott Campbell
THAT’S SO RAVEN!
What’s a day in the life for Raven Darkholme, A.K.A. Mystique? Brutal kills, revenge-fueled chills, seductive thrills…and that’s all before breakfast! Award-winning author Seanan McGuire (X-MEN GOLD ANNUAL #2) and rising star Marco Failla take Marvel’s multifaceted mutant murderess for a spin! PLUS: Part 3 of X-MEN BLACK: APOCALYPSE!
In Shops: Oct 17, 2018
- WWE Cancels Wrestlemania… Ticket On-Sale Party - November 14, 2018
- Paige Biopic Fighting With My Family Gets a Trailer, New Release Date - November 14, 2018
- Get in the Holiday Spirit with a First Look at Klaus and the Crying Snowman - November 14, 2018
- Top Cow is Selling a Sci-Fi & Sex Humble Bundle to Benefit California Wildfire Victims - November 14, 2018
- Adventures of Sabrina: Chilling No More? - November 14, 2018