With X-Men Blue ending with issue #36 and the Extermination X-over event already begin, things are looking grim for the time-displaced original X-Men. Sadly, it’s not just the teen X-Men we’ll be saying goodbye to. Genetically-engineered super-writer Cullen Bunn took to Twitter this week to say goodbye to the X-Men franchise as a whole, as it seems for the first time since 2014’s Magneto series, Bunn will no longer be writing any X-Men books.
Well, after MAGNETO, UNCANNY X-MEN, CIVIL WAR II: X-MEN, X-MEN BLUE and a bunch of single issues and such, I'm archiving my X-Men files. Thanks to the X-fans for the support! It's meant a lot! I'm gonna miss these mutants! #xmen pic.twitter.com/ncnQl3KAt7
— Cullen Bunn (@cullenbunn) August 30, 2018
But the X-Men aren’t the only superheroes Bunn wished farewell. With this week’s publication of Deadpool Assassin #6, it seems Bunn is done with the Merc with a Mouth as well, though he’s definitely left his mark on the character, with Marvel revealing last year that Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe was one its best-selling trade paperbacks for several years in a row.
So long, Deadpool! Thanks for all the fun over the years! I'll miss ya, pal! pic.twitter.com/OTIByRAMNY
— Cullen Bunn (@cullenbunn) August 29, 2018
Fans who can’t get enough Bunn, of course, can still find him on titles such as Asgardians of the Galaxy, Bone Parish, or the 17 other monthly books he typically writes, as well as on his YouTube show with now fellow Ex-X-writer Dennis Hopeless, Missouri Swagger.
- How Will Rogue and Gambit Escape Their Predicament in Mr. and Mrs. X #4? A Sexy Sneak Peek - September 24, 2018
- A Double Dose of Rick & Morty, Plus: Dream Daddy, Invader Zim, More in Oni Press Previews for 9-26-18 - September 24, 2018
- Dark Horse to Publish Minecraft OGN by Sfé R. Monster, Sarah Grayley, John J. Hill - September 24, 2018
- Valiant Reveals Exclusives for New York Comic Con - September 24, 2018
- BOOM! Snags License for Lev Grossman’s The Magicians, Plans OGN by Lilah Sturges and Pius Bak - September 24, 2018