With the relaunch of All-New Wolverine as X-23, a lot of X-fans wondered why Laura Kinney would go back to using the codename given to her by the people who used her as a killing machine. The obvious answer: because the original Wolverine was coming back. Slowly. And expensively. Over the course of three one-shots, four Hunt for Wolverine minis, and an additional Return of Wolverine mini. Plus a new #1 issue relaunch is always a sales booster.
But that’s not quite the answer we’re looking for. We need something in continuity. Well, fedora-playing, ukulele-wearing X-Editor Jordan White took to Twitter on #XMenMonday to try his best for a no-prize by posting this page from the upcoming X-23 #3 by Mariko Tamaki and Juan Cabal.
— Jordan D. White (@cracksh0t) August 27, 2018
“I took a name I hate,” says X-23, “so you know your end, the end of this work, came at the hands of your creation.”
X-23 #3 hits stores on Wednesday.
(W) Mariko Tamaki (A) Juan Cabal (CA) Mike Choi
Laura has faced plenty of threats in her day… And when those threats take aim at Gabby, all bets are off. But the stakes are even higher – and the consequences more dire – when Laura comes up against a psychic superthreat: the Cuckoos!
In Shops: Aug 29, 2018
If that’s not enough X-23 #3 for you, here’s a preview we pilfered from AVClub’s exclusive:
- Report: WWE Survivor Series is About to Suck with No Becky Lynch - November 13, 2018
- Classic Cartoons Come to VRV Streaming Service on New Boomerang Channel - November 13, 2018
- In Tomorrow’s Titans #29, the Team Faces Their Greatest Villain: Hunger - November 13, 2018
- Dark Horse Expands Bioware’s Anthem with Prequel Comic - November 13, 2018
- Becky Lynch Could Be the Future of WWE… If They Don’t Screw It Up - November 13, 2018