A romance between Karolina Dean and Nico Minoru is teased throughout the first and second volumes of Runaways, culminating in Runaways Vol. 2 #7, by Brian K. Vaughan, Takeshi Miyazawa, Christina Strain, and Randy Gentile, when Karolina tries to kiss Nico, resulting in the following scene:
That was then, but in next week’s issue of Runaways by Rainbow Rowell, Kris Anka, Matthew Wilson, and Joe Caramagna, Nico dwells on this moment from her past, and she seems to regret it. After the events of the previous story arc drove Karolina’s girlfriend, Julie Power, away, it looks like Karolina has a new opening in both her love life and her plus one for the Dean charity ball. Could these two kids get a second chance at love?
Also, apparently 2005 was just two years ago in Marvel time.
RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
KRIS ANKA (A/C)
• Nico takes a big step forward.
• Gert takes a bigger step backward.
• Karolina has to face the paparazzi.
• And Victor decides it’s time to come clean…
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Check out the preview below. Runaways #12 hits stores on Wednesday.
- Cyclops and Wolverine Rebuild the X-Men in February, Starting With Another 8 Dollar Issue - November 20, 2018
- The Age of X-Man is a Utopian Future… Or Is It? - November 20, 2018
- Yondu Returns with a New Ravagers in Guardians of the Galaxy #6 - November 20, 2018
- Marvel Mocks Its Own Super-Mega-Crossover Event Proclivities in Spider-Man/Deadpool #46 - November 20, 2018
- Ms. Marvel Turns 5 Years Old in February - November 20, 2018