A longtime frenemy of the X-Men is set to make a return in Extermination #2, and it doesn’t bode well for the surviving X-Men.
Revealed in an exclusive preview of next week’s issue on CBR, Mimic makes his return in the issue, apparently joining the team of young Cable, though not exactly by choice. Mimic first appeared in X-Men #19 as an adversary for the X-Men, but eventually joined the team for a short time, helping them defeat the Super Adaptoid in X-Men #29. Things have been on-again, off-again between Mimic and the X-Men since then, but it looks like he’ll be joining the other side, at least for now.
Check out the preview below, which also shows us a private moment between the time-displaced Scott Summers and Jean Grey following the death of Bloodstorm and regular Cable last issue.
ED BRISSON (W) • PEPE LARRAZ (A)
Cover by MARK BROOKS
Variant Cover by MIKE HAWTHORNE; FRANK CHO
EXTERMINATE THE PAST. ELIMINATE THE FUTURE. The original team of teen mutants may have destroyed the future for all!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
- Chris Claremont’s Early Iron Fist Work Collected in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Complete Collection - November 20, 2018
- Cyclops and Wolverine Rebuild the X-Men in February, Starting With Another 8 Dollar Issue - November 20, 2018
- The Age of X-Man is a Utopian Future… Or Is It? - November 20, 2018
- Yondu Returns with a New Ravagers in Guardians of the Galaxy #6 - November 20, 2018
- Marvel Mocks Its Own Super-Mega-Crossover Event Proclivities in Spider-Man/Deadpool #46 - November 20, 2018