Blizzard’s Pete Stilwell has said that while there are no announcements, a port of Overwatch on the Nintendo Switch would probably be possible.
Yesterday it was announced that Blizzard would be bringing Diablo 3 to the Nintendo Switch, delighting many fans. It will be the first Blizzard game on the console, which does seemingly open up the door for other titles under the developer and mega-company’s wing. The Nintendo Switch is selling very well, and Blizzard is arguably as popular as they’ve ever been right now. It really is a match made in heaven.
So, is it possible, could we see other Blizzard games on the console? At least for Overwatch, it seems so as, speaking to GameSpot, Blizzard Senior Producer Pete Stilwell said that the title could be feasible for a Switch port. While he hinted there are no current plans for the port, he said:
Anything is within the realm of possibility. Our team was given the task to work on this. If [Overwatch developer] Team 4 picks up that endeavour, that’s on them. As of right now Diablo is our only focus on Switch.
Asked directly if he thinks the game could run on Nintendo Switch, he said:
Yes, it is feasible.
While the Switch isn’t necessarily known for its competitive online prowess outside of games like Splatoon 2, the idea of playing Overwatch out of home is exciting. It would be tough since it needs to be online all the time, but if Blizzard could figure it out, well I think that would be very exciting indeed.
- Blizzard is Offering Another Free Weekend for Overwatch
- Blizzard and Tespa Formally Announce Fall Collegiate Esports Programs
- Is New Super Mario Bros. U Coming to the Nintendo Switch?
- Edge Transit’s Drop Rate is Getting a Nerf in Destiny 2 - September 21, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Ace of Spades Quest Now Much Easier Thanks To Hotfix - September 21, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Can Be Played in First-Person - September 20, 2018
- Call of Cthulhu Gets a Spooky New Gameplay Trailer - September 20, 2018
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Could Have 100 Players as Capacity Increased to End Beta - September 18, 2018