At the X-Men panel at San Diego Comic-Con, the most-anticipated panel of the entire weekend, Marvel revealed some big details on X-Men Black.
It’s an event of sorts, a series of one-shots running weekly through October, each focusing on a different X-Men villain: Magneto by Chris Claremont and Dalibor Talajic, Emma Frost by Leah Williams and Chris Bachalo, Juggernaut by Robbie Thompson and Shawn Crystal, Mojo by Scott Auckerman and Nick Bradshaw, and Mystique by Seanan McGuire and Marco Failla. Each issue will feature a cover by J. Scott Campbell, and we’ve already probably seen the Magneto one. Lonnie Nadler and Zac Thompson will write a backup story in each issue about the villain Apocalypse.
Bleeding Cool Ace Reporter Marcos Salinas was on hand at the panel to send us the details, and snag a photo of one of the slides:
Look for X-Men Black in stores in October. Will it herald the return of Uncanny X-Men the following month? Stay tuned, that could still be revealed at the panel!
UPDATE: It sure was. No creative team though. Fingers crossed that Claremont sticks around for it.
- Everything You Knew About Secret Empire Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About What Wolverine Was Best At Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Uncle Ben’s Death Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Daredevil’s Cancellation Was Wrong - December 11, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Iceman Coming Out Was Wrong? - December 11, 2018