At the Diamond Retailer Appreciation Lunch at San Diego Comic-Con, Valiant Entertainment announced the release date for their upcoming movie from Sony, based on their comic book Bloodshot.
The film’s release date is 21st February. And this is a firm date. Fists were pounded in emphasis.
Filming starts August 6th this year, with Vin Diesel in the lead.
Bloodshot was created in 1992 by Kevin VanHook, Don Perlin, and Bob Layton for the then Valiant Comics. In 2012 the character was rebooted by Duane Swierczynski, following Valiant Comics’ buyout and relaunch.
Bloodshot is a former soldier with powers of regeneration and meta-morphing made possible through nanites injected into his blood. After having his memory wiped numerous times, Bloodshot is out to discover who he really is and get vengeance on those who did this to him. Bloodshot’s bloodstream contains a billion nanocomputers, enabling him to heal from injuries quickly, interface with technology, and shape shift his mass.
Bloodshot is just one of a number of movies and TV shows planned by Valiant, Sony and others. And now we have a date…
And you can follow other reports from the Retailer Appreciation Lunch right here.
- Vin Diesel Talks Parental Sacrifices in 'Bloodshot' Set Video
- Guy Pearce Is in Talks to Replace Michael Sheen in 'Bloodshot'
- 'Bloodshot' Production Has Started, According to Vin Diesel's Recent Video
- Sony ForwardWorks Will Release Arc The Lad R on Android and iOS
- DC Walmart Giant Sized-Comics Make it to the UK – for Only Twice the Cover Price - August 19, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 19th August 2018 – ‘We’ve Been Seeing More and More Batman Attrition’ - August 19, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters, 19th August 2018 – Looking at the Moon - August 19, 2018
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018