At the Diamond Retailer Appreciation Lunch at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Comics saw Editor-In-Chief C.B. Cebulski and SVP David Gabriel step with the newly dyed and ex-Bleeding Cool reporter Donny Cates.
While he was there, they also talked about the upcoming Venom Annual with all his friends coming on board, a little like the recent Thanos Annual.
Cates is very territorial about the Venom character. They plan on a loooong run on the book. But to give Ryan Stegman a break, Iban Coello is going to draw two issues starting with issue #7 to set up the future.
Next Venom one-shot to follow Web of Venom: Ve’Nam will set up a huge event called Carnage Born… and will be very important to the future of Venom and Carnage. It is possible that Donny shouldn’t have said this.
So quickly onto the continuing Death of the Inhumans…
And the news that the dog is staying dead…
After all, he’s stepping in Joe Quesada‘s shoes now with MK20, and that’s the kind of thing Quesada used to say…
You can follow other reports from the Retailer Appreciation Lunch right here.
- DC Comics Cancel Orders For Batman: Creature Of The Night #4 – Will Return Later in 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Mark Seifert’s Marvel Declassified Returns on December 17th - December 12, 2018
- What Toys do People in the Marvel Universe Buy? Amazing Spider-Man #11 Reveals All - December 12, 2018
- Valiant Announces ‘Breakthrough’ Line-Up for 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Is Brian Azzarello Rewriting the Deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne in Batman Damned? (Spoilers) - December 12, 2018