Marvel’s plan to make colorists obsolete so they have less cover credits to worry about continues in August with a new Color Your Own book, this time featuring everyone’s favorite symbiote-powered anti-hero, Venom. Of course, one wonders just how much coloring is really required when a character’s main color scheme is black and white. You’ll probably want to stock up on black crayons, markers, or colored pencils, and pick up a few pink ones in case you need to color Venom’s tongue.
Then again, you could take artistic license with Venom’s costume. We’ve always wondered how he might look in plaid or polka dots.
With a Todd McFarlane cover, Color Your Own Venom costs 10 bucks and hits stores in September. Check out the solicit below:
COLOR YOUR OWN VENOM
Penciled by VARIOUS
Cover by TODD MCFARLANE
ON SALE SEPTEMBER 2018
Nothing’s ever truly black and white with Venom! Is he Spider-Man’s fiercest foe, or a lethal protector of the innocent? Villain, vigilante or Guardian of the Galaxy? There are many shades to Venom’s world — and now it’s up to you to supply them! The slimy pink of his tongue! The shiny blue of his sinewy muscles! The trail of red blood in his wake! All this and more is waiting for you to color, on 60 pages of vibrant, violent, Venom-ous artwork featuring Eddie Brock, Flash Thompson and others who have shared a bond with the sinister symbiote! Grab your pens, pencils and crayons, and follow Venom from his introduction by the legendary Todd McFarlane through years of brutal battles with Spidey, clashes with Carnage and his time as a “hero” — right up to the full-on explosion of the Venomverse!
120 PGS./Rated T+ …$9.99
- Chelsea Cain Responds to Chuck Wendig’s Marvel Firing With One Word: Union - October 13, 2018
- Traitor! The Beast Sells Out in Astonishing X-Men #16 - October 12, 2018
- Curt Pires and Antonio Fuso Blend James Bond and The X-Files in Wyrd - October 12, 2018
- Dark Horse Goes Fishing For Dollars With Troy Nixey’s Trout Collection - October 12, 2018
- U.S. Senators Call on WWE to Reconsider Saudi Arabia Crown Jewel Event After Journalist’s Murder - October 12, 2018