Originally beginning conlife as Stan Lee’s Comikaze, which then became LA ComicCon, the Los Angeles event is rebranding and changing their name again.
Announced just the morning, the show will now be called Beyond Fest Expo LA, but apparently has nothing to do (at least at the moment) with an existing film festival, Beyond Fest.
There was an official press released this morning, addressed to dedicated exhibitors and friends. “Change is hard,” it the PR blast begins, “but as everyone knows, sometimes it’s also very good. With that said, Comikaze Entertainment, Inc. is proud to announce we are now BEYOND FEST EXPO LA.”
It goes on to say that they:
“… still adore our former Generalissimo, Stan Lee, and wish him all the best, however, we’re making some big changes for this year and it only makes sense that our name and brand adjust accordingly. We will still be the convention you know, but also so much more.”
The rest of the announcement detailed some planned changes, like an increase in artist alley tables, and expansions planned for talent and panels. There were no details included.
Apparently Beyond Fest Expo LA will also be opening the convention floor to attendees from 3:00pm to 9 p.m. on Friday of the 2018 event, which is scheduled to take place October 26th-28th.
- WWE, Horror Vinyl Figures Coming This Summer from The Loyal Subjects
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Thursday, April 12
- Marvel Legends The Thing Will Complete the Fantastic Four Soon
- Captain America Gets His Infinity War Hot Toys Release
- Dodger Stadium Will Host the 2020 MLB All-Star Game
- Daredevil Premium Format Figure From Sideshow Up For Order Today
- First Teaser for Season 3 of Amazon Studios’ ‘The Man In The High Castle’ - July 21, 2018
- First Look at Cosmos Season 2 Debuted During SDCC Panel - July 21, 2018
- 28 Photos from the Vikings San Diego Comic-Con Panel - July 20, 2018
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Getting Reboot, Joss Whedon Attached - July 20, 2018
- History Channel Releases Trailer for ‘Vikings’ During SDCC Panel - July 20, 2018