Following up on January rumors that he was in talks for the role, Vin Diesel has signed on to play Bloodshot, a superhero with a red circle on his chest, based on the Valiant comic book of the same name about a superhero with a circle on his chest. Diesel is known for playing Groot in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy franchise, so scoring him for the Valiant Cinematic Universe is a major coup as well as a shot across the bow at the rival comic book publisher. Bloodshot is expected to be R-Rated, allowing the Fast and Furious star to help Valiant stake a claim to the less-crowded R-Rated superhero flick territory. The field of R-Rated superhero movies could be thinned out once Disney takes over Fox, which produced both Logan and Deadpool. If so, that would leave the VCU to claim the territory as its own, and Bloodshot, a superhero with a red circle on his chest, is just the guy to do it.
Sony is expected to begin filming in July, hopeful to turn the Valiant Cinematic Universe into a badly-needed mega-franchise. Dave Wilson will direct the film, with a script written by Eric Heisserer. Schedule-obsessed Hollywood gossip blog Deadline got the scoop on the story.
- Transformers: The Original Animated Series Soundtrack Hits Vinyl Today!
- Review – Strangers: Prey at Night is Proof Why Some Films Don't Need Sequels
- LEGO Marvel Infinity War Brickheadz Add Thanos, More to Your Collection
- A Wrinkle in Time Review: A Bit of a Mess, but a Fun One
- The Ice King Apology Tour Commences in 1st Look at Adventure Time: Marcy & Simon #1 - December 13, 2018
- Marvel Reveals Phil Noto Interlocking Variants for 80th Anniversary - December 13, 2018
- Lela Gwenn and Matthew Dow Smith Launch Bad Luck Chuck at Dark Horse in March - December 13, 2018
- Joe Illidge Explains Post-Valiant Future in Most Polite Open Letter Ever - December 13, 2018
- #GhostCorps: IDW Teases Something Big for Ghostbusters in 2019 - December 13, 2018