Following up on January rumors that he was in talks for the role, Vin Diesel has signed on to play Bloodshot, a superhero with a red circle on his chest, based on the Valiant comic book of the same name about a superhero with a circle on his chest. Diesel is known for playing Groot in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy franchise, so scoring him for the Valiant Cinematic Universe is a major coup as well as a shot across the bow at the rival comic book publisher. Bloodshot is expected to be R-Rated, allowing the Fast and Furious star to help Valiant stake a claim to the less-crowded R-Rated superhero flick territory. The field of R-Rated superhero movies could be thinned out once Disney takes over Fox, which produced both Logan and Deadpool. If so, that would leave the VCU to claim the territory as its own, and Bloodshot, a superhero with a red circle on his chest, is just the guy to do it.
Sony is expected to begin filming in July, hopeful to turn the Valiant Cinematic Universe into a badly-needed mega-franchise. Dave Wilson will direct the film, with a script written by Eric Heisserer. Schedule-obsessed Hollywood gossip blog Deadline got the scoop on the story.
- Transformers: The Original Animated Series Soundtrack Hits Vinyl Today!
- Review – Strangers: Prey at Night is Proof Why Some Films Don't Need Sequels
- LEGO Marvel Infinity War Brickheadz Add Thanos, More to Your Collection
- A Wrinkle in Time Review: A Bit of a Mess, but a Fun One
- Donny Cates Confirms the End of Thanos for April’s Thanos #18… For Now - March 22, 2018
- Jim Cornette Announces Wrestling Comic at IDW, Claims It Will Make You Rich - March 22, 2018
- WWE Admits Talking to Hulk Hogan About Return - March 22, 2018
- Nix Comics Offers Subscription for All Your 2018 Rock N’ Roll, Horror, and Western Comic Needs - March 22, 2018
- Terry Funk Wants to Fight Donald Trump and Joe Biden in a Wrestling Match - March 22, 2018