Oh, Turok! You were Halo before Halo was a thing. We say that because, in the lexicon of N64 multiplayer games, no title brought you more anguish than Turok when you lost. The single player campaign was fun and interesting, but multiplayer made you hate your friends. If Goldeneye was the golden standard at the time, while Turok was kind of the bronze title. Now you can relive the glory days of Turok as Nightdive Studios have dusted off the first two Turok games for the N64 and will be releasing them on the Xbox One.
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil will be sold individually at $20 a pop as digital downloads on the Xbox Store. Both games will support multiplayer for up to 16 players per game, meaning you’re getting four times the mayhem you originally could on the N64 with your friends. The graphics may not be much to write home about, as the devs clearly chose to not make this a modernized version and kept a lot of the bad polygon art in place, but it just wouldn’t be a throwback if it didn’t look tacky to some degree. Will this also open the door to seeing Turok as a playable character in other Xbox titles? Let’s hope so!
- Call of Duty: WWII's Multiplayer Will Be Available for Free on PC This Weekend
- The Ghosts of Pharaohs Past Will Haunt You in Second AC: Origins DLC Expansion
- Final Fantasy XV Has An Update Roadmap Planned Out Through 2019
- Tera Online Open Beta Launches on Xbox One and PS4 in March
- Fortnite's Version 3.0 is Live, Bringing Faster Building and 60FPS to Consoles
- Where Do I Put All This Steam? We Review WD’s My Passport Ultra - April 20, 2018
- The Legend Of Bum-Bo is Getting a Proper Release in 2018 - April 20, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Next Map is Getting a Cave Network - April 20, 2018
- More Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumors Say Game Will Be Like Overwatch - April 20, 2018
- Xbox Insiders Getting a Preview of the May Update Now - April 20, 2018