Marvel announced today that Marvel TV is developing a show based on the comic book Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. Aiming to capitalize on the incredible success of Black Panther at the box office, the announcement on Marvel.com reads:
If this past weekend’s release of Marvel Studios “Black Panther” has taught us anything, it’s that brilliant young girls run the world. Lunella Lafayette, it’s time for you to take center stage!
Marvel Animation and Cinema Gypsy Productions are teaming up for the production, with Titmouse animating. The show is hoping to air on one of the Disney Channels. Like the comic, the television show “follows the adventures of nine-year-old super-genius Lunella Lafayette, an African-America girl who teams up with her crimson-colored dinosaur and uses her smarts to save the day.”
Moon Girl, created by Brandon Montclare, Amy Reeder, and Natacha Bustos in 2015, teams up with Devil Dinosaur, created by Jack Kirby in 1978, a uniquely Marvel pairing that has captured the minds of readers outside the traditional comic book direct market.
Now, it hopes to do the same with television audiences.
- X-ual Healing: Glob Herman Catfished in Old Man Logan #40 - June 17, 2018
- X-ual Healing: The New Avengers Finally Find a Wolverine in Adamantium Agenda #2 - June 17, 2018
- X-ual Healing: If You Like Violence and Nonstop Banter, You’ll Love Deadpool Assassin #1 - June 17, 2018
- Hulk Hogan Finally Helping Others Learn from His Mistakes - June 16, 2018
- Improbable Previews: The Spectacular Spencer-Man Debuts in Amazing Spider-Man #1 - June 15, 2018