Marvel has talked a little about Square Enix’s Avengers Project, suggesting some things about its story and structure.
Details on the Avengers Project have been very tight-lipped since it was revealed last year. That being said, it seems more information is coming faster and faster as production ramps up on the title. Just recently, it was announced that it had picked up some very talented developers to work on the game, including Uncharted: The Last Legacy‘s creative director. It seems all speed ahead on the title now.
On that front, Marvel has come out to give us just the tiniest bit of detail on the game. In their own official statement, largely talking about the new hires, the company did reveal that, importantly, the story would be an original one. They said:
The Avengers project, featuring a completely new and original story, will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come. The project will be jammed pack with characters, environments, and iconic moments that will thrill Marvelites.
There is something else to take away from this statement too, which is the phrase “for years to come.” To me, that suggests some sort of persistence with the game. It’s not to say it’s necessarily a Destiny like ‘game as service’ (although it could be that) but it’s clear that there are plans for the title past just a typical story mode. It’s meant to grow for “years” after its release.
That’s your lot for now. It’s nothing huge or unexpected, but understanding what this game is and how it will work will likely come in these brief small glimpses. Hopefully in time, we will finally see something from this game.
- Several Well-Known Developers Have Been Promoted At Square Enix
- Babe Ruth Enters the Game in New MLB The Show 18 Trailer
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018
- Breath of the Wild Style Open World Pokemon Game Possibly “Still on the Cards” - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2 Glitch Could Confirm Next Expansion Location - October 15, 2018
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018
- Blizzard Seem Confident That Diablo III Will Get Cross-Console Play - October 12, 2018