Comic book fan Charles Baca took a select number of comic books to ACE Comic Con in Glendale, Arizona over the weekend, only to find them stolen, along with the tickets he had bought to get them signed by Stan Lee.
They included Avengers #2, The Incredible Hulk #5 and The Amazing Spider-Man #8 from the sixties, worth according to Baca, around $5000. A ticket for an autograph by Stan Lee at Ace Comic Con was $150 each. Two of them Baca had owned for twenty years.
Charles Baca had the comic in a box inside a bag, which he set down at his feet while looking through comics at one of the vendors there, only to discover that someone had stolen it.
He said he told security about it and they filed a report but have had no luck in identifying or finding the thief. Big shows usually have CCTV systems for just such an eventuality, but that seems not to have worked in this case.
Stan Lee has cancelled some events in the light of allegations against him in recent days, but still attended Ace Comic Con and tickets to meet the man sold out at the show.
A report on the theft as broadcast by 3TV/CBS 5 can be seen below.
- They Destroyed the Moon – What Have the Justice League Done to the Earth? (Justice League #6 Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- The Deaths and Rebirths of Infinity War #2 That Even the Characters Don’t Believe (Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- The Deaths of Extermination #1 – And A Brand New Revamp Of One Character (Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- The Return to the Underwear-Outside-Trousers Explained in Batman #53 (SPOILERS) - August 15, 2018
- Batman: Damned Preview by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo – John Constantine Prefers Batman to Superman - August 15, 2018