Comic book fan Charles Baca took a select number of comic books to ACE Comic Con in Glendale, Arizona over the weekend, only to find them stolen, along with the tickets he had bought to get them signed by Stan Lee.
They included Avengers #2, The Incredible Hulk #5 and The Amazing Spider-Man #8 from the sixties, worth according to Baca, around $5000. A ticket for an autograph by Stan Lee at Ace Comic Con was $150 each. Two of them Baca had owned for twenty years.
Charles Baca had the comic in a box inside a bag, which he set down at his feet while looking through comics at one of the vendors there, only to discover that someone had stolen it.
He said he told security about it and they filed a report but have had no luck in identifying or finding the thief. Big shows usually have CCTV systems for just such an eventuality, but that seems not to have worked in this case.
Stan Lee has cancelled some events in the light of allegations against him in recent days, but still attended Ace Comic Con and tickets to meet the man sold out at the show.
A report on the theft as broadcast by 3TV/CBS 5 can be seen below.
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018
- Sarah Kuhn and Alitha Martinez Return to Barbie Comics, in Papercutz January 2019 Solicitations - October 17, 2018