Comic book fan Charles Baca took a select number of comic books to ACE Comic Con in Glendale, Arizona over the weekend, only to find them stolen, along with the tickets he had bought to get them signed by Stan Lee.
They included Avengers #2, The Incredible Hulk #5 and The Amazing Spider-Man #8 from the sixties, worth according to Baca, around $5000. A ticket for an autograph by Stan Lee at Ace Comic Con was $150 each. Two of them Baca had owned for twenty years.
Charles Baca had the comic in a box inside a bag, which he set down at his feet while looking through comics at one of the vendors there, only to discover that someone had stolen it.
He said he told security about it and they filed a report but have had no luck in identifying or finding the thief. Big shows usually have CCTV systems for just such an eventuality, but that seems not to have worked in this case.
Stan Lee has cancelled some events in the light of allegations against him in recent days, but still attended Ace Comic Con and tickets to meet the man sold out at the show.
A report on the theft as broadcast by 3TV/CBS 5 can be seen below.
- Marvel Comics to Relaunch Captain America #1 On the Fourth Of July, 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Can We Expect the Ta-Nehisi Coates Captain America News Next Week? - February 22, 2018
- The First of the Exclusive ComicsPRO Variants Hit eBay, from $10 to $50 - February 22, 2018
- Amazing Spider-Man #794 Goes to Third Printing - February 22, 2018
- DC Comics Makes Aquaman LED Signs for Comic Stores - February 22, 2018