We’ve got some breaking news out of the IDW panel at New York Comic Con tonight. IDW has announced plans to publish a Big Hero 6 comic with Disney.
The announcement follows a partnership earlier this year with Disney to publish Star Wars comics aimed at kids, one which continues to expand, and they’ve long worked with them on Disney cartoon comics, including a new Ducktales series and Tangled comics. IDW has had success with licensed comics for Hasbro, and it’s clear that Disney has confidence in the publisher since they continue to expand their relationship.
What does it say about their confidence in their own in-house comics publisher, Marvel, especially when Big Hero 6 originated in Marvel comics? That’s a question for another day.
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Rosilyne Bean is on hand at the IDW panel sending in breaking news and will have a full report later.
- Hascon To Skip 2018, Will Return In 2019
- Rian Johnson Spoils Who The Last Jedi Is; But Not Really, Because He Already Had
- Star Wars The Last Jedi Trailer: Meesa Thinks That's A Lot Of Misdirection
- Image Comics - The Future of Fantasy Panel at NYCC
- Creators Discuss Why Black Heroes Matter at NYCC 2017
- DC Comics Gathers Their Heavy Hitters For A Master Class At NYCC
- Adventure Time Lives On Comic Form in First Look at Season 11 #2 - October 18, 2018
- It’s Time to Admit There Isn’t a Snyder Cut of Justice League… Because There’s 2 of Them - October 18, 2018
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1: A New Preview, and Writers’ Finals Words - October 18, 2018
- Earn Your Preview Badge With This First Look at Black Badge #4 - October 18, 2018