We’ve got some breaking news out of the IDW panel at New York Comic Con tonight. IDW has announced plans to publish a Big Hero 6 comic with Disney.
The announcement follows a partnership earlier this year with Disney to publish Star Wars comics aimed at kids, one which continues to expand, and they’ve long worked with them on Disney cartoon comics, including a new Ducktales series and Tangled comics. IDW has had success with licensed comics for Hasbro, and it’s clear that Disney has confidence in the publisher since they continue to expand their relationship.
What does it say about their confidence in their own in-house comics publisher, Marvel, especially when Big Hero 6 originated in Marvel comics? That’s a question for another day.
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Rosilyne Bean is on hand at the IDW panel sending in breaking news and will have a full report later.
- Hascon To Skip 2018, Will Return In 2019
- Rian Johnson Spoils Who The Last Jedi Is; But Not Really, Because He Already Had
- Star Wars The Last Jedi Trailer: Meesa Thinks That's A Lot Of Misdirection
- Image Comics - The Future of Fantasy Panel at NYCC
- Creators Discuss Why Black Heroes Matter at NYCC 2017
- DC Comics Gathers Their Heavy Hitters For A Master Class At NYCC
- John Barber and Todd Nauck Take Teen Spider-Man to Science Camp in Digital Series ‘Spidey: School’s Out’ - March 20, 2018
- Bray Wyatt Disappears into Lake During Ultimate Deletion Match with Matt Hardy, Still Missing - March 20, 2018
- The Charlie Brown Reboot You Never Knew You Needed is Back on Kickstarter for Weapon Brown: Aftershock - March 19, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – It’s Not a Happy Birthday for Logan in Weapon X #15 - March 19, 2018
- Dark Horse to Collect Matt Kindt’s 3 Story: The Secret History of the Giant Man in New Expanded Edition - March 19, 2018