We’ve got some breaking news out of the IDW panel at New York Comic Con tonight. IDW has announced plans to publish a Big Hero 6 comic with Disney.
The announcement follows a partnership earlier this year with Disney to publish Star Wars comics aimed at kids, one which continues to expand, and they’ve long worked with them on Disney cartoon comics, including a new Ducktales series and Tangled comics. IDW has had success with licensed comics for Hasbro, and it’s clear that Disney has confidence in the publisher since they continue to expand their relationship.
What does it say about their confidence in their own in-house comics publisher, Marvel, especially when Big Hero 6 originated in Marvel comics? That’s a question for another day.
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Rosilyne Bean is on hand at the IDW panel sending in breaking news and will have a full report later.
- Rian Johnson Spoils Who The Last Jedi Is; But Not Really, Because He Already Had
- Star Wars The Last Jedi Trailer: Meesa Thinks That's A Lot Of Misdirection
- Image Comics - The Future of Fantasy Panel at NYCC
- Creators Discuss Why Black Heroes Matter at NYCC 2017
- DC Comics Gathers Their Heavy Hitters For A Master Class At NYCC
- Women And Gender Non-Conforming Animators Demand End To Sexual Harassment And Abuse - October 20, 2017
- Black Widow, Iron Man, Captain America, And Hulk To Read ‘Our Town’ To Benefit Puerto Rico - October 20, 2017
- Rick Remender: If You’re Not Reading Black Science, You’re Being An A-Hole - October 20, 2017
- Little Shop Of Horrors Returns To Theaters For 2 Nights Only This Halloween, But What’s Trump Got To Do With It? - October 19, 2017
- Elite Retailer Cabal ComicsPRO Targets Portland For February Meeting, Plans Fall Expansion - October 19, 2017