Showing the kind of quick-thinking that a five year old might come up with to convince their parents they didn’t knock over the nice lamp in the living room, Spider-Man:Homecoming producer and former Sony chief Amy Pascal has clarified her earlier statements that Sony’s Spider-Man spinoff films, such as Venom and Silver & Black, will take place in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
“Well those movies will all take place in the world that we are now creating for Peter Parker, ” Pascal said on video which anyone can watch. “They’ll be adjuncts to it. They may be in different locations. But it will still all be the same world, and they will be connected to each other as well.”
At this point in the video, Kevin Feige looks like somebody has just informed him that Ike Perlmutter invited him to Mar-a-lago to have dinner with President Trump and discuss Marvel Studios Phase 4. Asked by an interviewer with a charming German accent if there’s a chance Spider-Man will pop up in the films, Pascal replies, “There’s a chance. There’s always a chance.”
“There’s no chance,” Kevin Feige tells us with his eyes in the video. And sure enough, this weekend, Feige confirmed that only Spider-Man is part of the MCU.
And now, in an attempt to save face, Amy Pascal has tried to say that she never said what she was captured on video saying:
Pascal said she was itching to clarify that after the story this week. Those other movies will not take place in the MCU
— Erik Davis (@ErikDavis) June 25, 2017
Sure, Amy Pascal. That’s what you meant the whole time.
- Only Spider-Man Is Confirmed For The MCU According To Kevin Feige
- Spider-Man / Venom / Black Cat To Have Connected Universe - Has Anyone Told Kevin Feige?
- Get Your First Look At Disney XD's Rebooted "Marvel's Spider-Man" Cartoon
- Nerd Food: Make Your Own Webbing (And Eat It, Too) With Spider-Man String Cheese!
- Second Prints For Steve Rogers, Darth Maul, Venom, Weapon, X-Men Blue And Gold...
- Vault Comics Goes All In on Cates and Burnett’s Interceptor - December 18, 2018
- Christopher Hastings & David Hahn Reboot the Six Million Dollar Man at Dynamite in March - December 18, 2018
- Road to War of the Realms Leads Through Avengers, Thor, and Asgardians of the Galaxy in March - December 18, 2018
- Batman Interrogates Bruce Wayne in Wednesday’s Batman #61 - December 17, 2018
- A New Origin for Aquaman in DeConnick and Rocha’s Aquaman #43? - December 17, 2018