Fans of professional wrestling were treated to a special easter egg in President Donald Trump’s termination letter to FBI director James Comey. Eagle-eyed fans may have noticed that Trump said to Comey, “I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.” And sure, that’s a common phrase used when terminating someone, but in the wrestling world, it’s synonymous with the press releases sent out whenever WWE parts ways with a wrestler. It’s such a well known phrase amongst wrestling fans, in fact, that “future endeavored” has become slang for “fired” in wrestling terminology.
While it seems unlikely that pro wrestling would factor into Trump’s decision to fire Comey, it’s actually not completely out of the question. Trump is a longtime friend of WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and his family. In fact, Linda McMahon was appointed to the cabinet by Trump to head up his Small Business Administration. Trump himself is a WWE Hall-of-Famer who participated in a high profile match at Wrestlemania 23.
Even still, wrestling was probably the last thing on Trump’s mind when firing Comey. Well, unless he was thinking about this guy:
But that hasn’t stopped former WCW promoter Eric Bischoff from insisting that McMahon and Trump colluded on the wording of the letter by phone. On a recent episode of his podcast, Bischoff said (via 411 Wrestling):
He future endeavored him! I thought it was just awesome. Look, I’m not a conspiracy theorist. I’m really not. You can get lost in that. Literally, you can lose your mind if you think about that stuff too much but… come on! That had to be some tongue in cheek shit right there. I thought it was great. That had Vince’s fingerprints all over it. I loved it. That was not a government boiler plate termination letter. That was a kick in the balls on the way out the door termination. Like I said, I don’t subscribe to conspiracy theories but if that wasn’t Vince McMahon and Donald Trump having a yuck over the phone I don’t know what it was.
What do you think? Is there something to this? Or is Bischoff working himself into a shoot, brother?
Most importantly, will the McMahons have a hand in choosing the new FBI director as well? Because we’re pretty sure he already has some candidates in mind…
- Poll Shows Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Would Beat Donald Trump In 2020
- Mauro Ranallo Leaves WWE, Says "It Has Nothing To Do With JBL", Probably Does
- Could Donald Trump Be Hinting At A Wrestlemania Return By Tweeting WWE Superstar JBL?
- WWE Superstar Kane Running For Mayor Of Knox County, Tennessee As Wrestlers Seize More Political Power
- Twelve McMahons Visit Donald Trump At The White House, But Someone Already Took The Best Joke
- Holy @#$%, We Were Right - Trump Picks Linda McMahon For Small Business Administration Head
- X-ual Healing: Glob Herman Catfished in Old Man Logan #40 - June 17, 2018
- X-ual Healing: The New Avengers Finally Find a Wolverine in Adamantium Agenda #2 - June 17, 2018
- X-ual Healing: If You Like Violence and Nonstop Banter, You’ll Love Deadpool Assassin #1 - June 17, 2018
- Hulk Hogan Finally Helping Others Learn from His Mistakes - June 16, 2018
- Improbable Previews: The Spectacular Spencer-Man Debuts in Amazing Spider-Man #1 - June 15, 2018