Kevin Feige walked back a previous hard no on crossovers between the Marvel cinematic universe and Marvel’s TV universe, updating it to an eh, maybe someday, according to a recent interview with iO9. Ever since Feige usurped control of the MCU from the Ike Perlmutter-led Marvel Creative Committee, the general belief has been that a crossover would have no chance in hell due to bad blood between the warring execs. MCU star Anthony Mackie even once went on record as saying, “Different universes, different worlds, different companies, different designs. Kevin Feige is very specific about how he wants the Marvel Universe to be seen in the film world.”
But it seems all of that may have drastically changed! Well, okay, maybe it changed just a tiny little bit. Or, well, maybe not at all. In the latest interview, Feige himself was asked about the no crossovers rule. “The future’s a long time,” he said. “So, the truth is, I don’t really know, but there are a lot of TV shows being made, and hopefully we’ll continue to make a lot of movies. At some point, there’s going to be a crossover. Crossover, repetition, or something.”
This has prompted hopeful headlines across the internet, but it’s worth noting that Feige’s comments don’t mean there’s any current plans for a crossover, or that there’s been any cooling of tensions between the Marvel execs. The future is a long time, as Feige said, and a lot of things could happen. Feige could leave the company and a more Ike-friendly person could take charge. A series of Trump administration indictments and an extremely fortuitous chain of succession could result in Ike Perlmutter becoming the new president of the United States, forcing him to give up his Marvel Chairman role. Or monkeys could fly out of our butts.
Never say never, is all we’re saying. You never know.
- Marvel Television Announces Deadpool Cartoon, Donald Glover And Stephen Glover As Showrunners
- X-ual Healing: Cable #157, Continuity Porn Even a New Reader Can Enjoy - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Acanti Sky-Whales, Brood-Wolves, and Flying Brood-Sharks, Oh My, in Weapon H #3 - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing – A Heel Turn for Weapon X in Hunt for Wolverine: The Claws of a Killer #1 - May 19, 2018
- Hasbro Trademarks the Smell of Play-Doh - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing: The Face of Doom in All-New Wolverine #35 - May 19, 2018