WWE is known for giving the fans what they want, as long as what they want is Roman Reigns on top, god dammit. This is his yard now! But occasionally, WWE also listens to its own universe. In particular, they’ve been hearing all of those “DELETE” chants and they know that the real money in a Hardys return, after the nostalgia money dries up, is in seeing Matt and Jeff Hardy reprise the BROKEN gimmick. Unfortunately, that gimmick is tied up in a legal battle between the lawyers of Impact Wrestling owners Anthem Sports & Entertainment and Matt Hardy’s wife, Reby Hardy.
But despite the strong legal performance of Reby Hardy’s epic Twitter rants, WWE may be looking to negotiate with Anthem for the rights, at least according to a report from Dave Meltzer on his Wrestling Observer Radio show.
“The plan is to do the BROKEN character, and they’re doing this right now,” Meltzer said on the show. “The delay is that they’ve gotta work out the deal, and the deal is not worked out.”
That’s why Matt Hardy has been dropping hints at his BROKEN character during promos. Meltzer doesn’t specify exactly what kind of deal WWE will work out with Anthem. “Whatever deal they make. Whether it’s a percentage deal, or a buyout of the rights. Whatever deal they make.”
That is, unless they don’t make one at all.
“If it never happens, that means they never made the deal.”
Well, that’s good enough for the dirt sheets, and it’s good enough for us.
BROKEN Matt Hardy in WWE confirmed!
But though we trust Dave Meltzer implicitly, as is required for membership in good standing in the Internet Wrestling Community, there’s other evidence staring us right in the face that WWE plans to negotiate with Anthem, and we need look no further than the start of last night’s match between Jeff Hardy and Cesaro, which was sponsored by “allergy” medication Xyzal, whose mascot is…
That can’t be a coincidence, can it?
And fuck that owl.
— Reby Hardy (@RebyHardy) March 10, 2017
- Little Shop Of Horrors Returns To Theaters For 2 Nights Only This Halloween, But What’s Trump Got To Do With It? - October 19, 2017
- Elite Retailer Cabal ComicsPRO Targets Portland For February Meeting, Plans Fall Expansion - October 19, 2017
- Marvel Goes Tabloid, Reveals Spider-Man’s Arrest Warrant - October 19, 2017
- Man Dressed As Pikachu Caught By Secret Service After Hopping Barrier At White House - October 19, 2017
- A Ghostbusters Tease From Tom Waltz, Erik Burnham, And Dan Schoening For February - October 19, 2017