If you prefer your executive branch of government loaded with fat cats from the comics, entertainment, and pro wrestling industry, than WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump is the president for you. Advising Trump on veterans’ healthcare is Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter, who has donated millions of dollars to Trump’s campaign. Linda McMahon, former CEO of pro wrestling company WWE is the head of Trump’s Small Business Administration, and also a campaign donor and longtime associate. But it’s Steven Mnuchin, who has helped finance projects such as Fox’s X-Men movies, Suicide Squad, and, most recently, The Lego Batman Movie, scored the most lucrative position of all, as Trump’s Secretary of the Treasury.
It’s that last film that landed Mnuchin in hot water this week when the government official told people at an media event Friday to “send all your kids to Lego Batman.” Mnuchin was asked about his experience financing films when he made the comment, according to a report from Variety, and he prefaced by citing the exact law that says he’s not supposed to do so: “Well, I’m not allowed to promote anything that I’m involved in. So I just want to have the legal disclosure that you’ve asked me the question and I am not promoting any product.”
Mnuchin was making a joke, but the responsibilities of the highest officials in the federal government are no laughing matter. Ethics groups in Washington are calling for an investigation into whether Mnuchin’s comments are in violation of federal law. If Mnuchin is forced out of office by scandal, Trump should have no problem finding a replacement. We hear Zack Snyder could be looking for work after Justice League.
- Donny Cates Confirms the End of Thanos for April’s Thanos #18… For Now - March 22, 2018
- Jim Cornette Announces Wrestling Comic at IDW, Claims It Will Make You Rich - March 22, 2018
- WWE Admits Talking to Hulk Hogan About Return - March 22, 2018
- Nix Comics Offers Subscription for All Your 2018 Rock N’ Roll, Horror, and Western Comic Needs - March 22, 2018
- Terry Funk Wants to Fight Donald Trump and Joe Biden in a Wrestling Match - March 22, 2018