If you prefer your executive branch of government loaded with fat cats from the comics, entertainment, and pro wrestling industry, than WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump is the president for you. Advising Trump on veterans’ healthcare is Marvel Chairman Ike Perlmutter, who has donated millions of dollars to Trump’s campaign. Linda McMahon, former CEO of pro wrestling company WWE is the head of Trump’s Small Business Administration, and also a campaign donor and longtime associate. But it’s Steven Mnuchin, who has helped finance projects such as Fox’s X-Men movies, Suicide Squad, and, most recently, The Lego Batman Movie, scored the most lucrative position of all, as Trump’s Secretary of the Treasury.
It’s that last film that landed Mnuchin in hot water this week when the government official told people at an media event Friday to “send all your kids to Lego Batman.” Mnuchin was asked about his experience financing films when he made the comment, according to a report from Variety, and he prefaced by citing the exact law that says he’s not supposed to do so: “Well, I’m not allowed to promote anything that I’m involved in. So I just want to have the legal disclosure that you’ve asked me the question and I am not promoting any product.”
Mnuchin was making a joke, but the responsibilities of the highest officials in the federal government are no laughing matter. Ethics groups in Washington are calling for an investigation into whether Mnuchin’s comments are in violation of federal law. If Mnuchin is forced out of office by scandal, Trump should have no problem finding a replacement. We hear Zack Snyder could be looking for work after Justice League.
- SummerSlam: Scott Steiner Says Jimmy Fallon Could Beat Triple H In A Fight During Twitter Rant - August 20, 2017
- Holocaust-Denying Star Wars Cosplay Designer Stands With White Nationalist-Rallying Supergirl Cosplayer - August 20, 2017
- Has James Gunn’s Elusive Guardians Of The Galaxy Easter Egg Finally Been Found? - August 20, 2017
- Tom Holland Lands Role As Nazi Driver, Allied Spy In Adaptation Of ‘Beneath A Scarlet Sky’ - August 20, 2017
- Good News: Ric Flair Is Awake, Communicating, And Cutting Promos On Nurses (Wooo!) - August 20, 2017