After white supremacist Richard Spencer was punched in Washington DC after Donald Trump’s inauguration yesterday, Twitter was subjected to a lecture by Captain America writer Nick Spencer about how people shouldn’t punch Nazis because Free Speech. But punching Nazis is as much a part of the genetic makeup of a superhero as masks, capes, and skintight spandex outfits! A quick google image search will lead to hundreds of images from comics of superheroes punching, kicking, shooting, throwing, choking, throttling, or otherwise inflicting violence on Nazis, often Hitler himself. A regular google search will turn up dozens of clickbait articles collecting images of superheroes hurting Nazis, just like this one! There’s hardly a superhero around that hasn’t, at one time or another, beaten up a Nazi. And if a superhero hasn’t beaten up a Nazi, it’s more like they simply haven’t had the opportunity to because they’ve been too busy beating up other villains, not because they have any moral objection to it.
So, with that in mind, here are 18 random images from comics of superheroes beating up Nazis, all in one place, in case you need some to use when arguing about the morality of punching Nazis on Twitter.
- Stan Sakai Named Inaugural Joe Kubert Award Winner By Comic Con Revolution, Kubert School - May 20, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Cable #157, Continuity Porn Even a New Reader Can Enjoy - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Acanti Sky-Whales, Brood-Wolves, and Flying Brood-Sharks, Oh My, in Weapon H #3 - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing – A Heel Turn for Weapon X in Hunt for Wolverine: The Claws of a Killer #1 - May 19, 2018
- Hasbro Trademarks the Smell of Play-Doh - May 19, 2018