After white supremacist Richard Spencer was punched in Washington DC after Donald Trump’s inauguration yesterday, Twitter was subjected to a lecture by Captain America writer Nick Spencer about how people shouldn’t punch Nazis because Free Speech. But punching Nazis is as much a part of the genetic makeup of a superhero as masks, capes, and skintight spandex outfits! A quick google image search will lead to hundreds of images from comics of superheroes punching, kicking, shooting, throwing, choking, throttling, or otherwise inflicting violence on Nazis, often Hitler himself. A regular google search will turn up dozens of clickbait articles collecting images of superheroes hurting Nazis, just like this one! There’s hardly a superhero around that hasn’t, at one time or another, beaten up a Nazi. And if a superhero hasn’t beaten up a Nazi, it’s more like they simply haven’t had the opportunity to because they’ve been too busy beating up other villains, not because they have any moral objection to it.
So, with that in mind, here are 18 random images from comics of superheroes beating up Nazis, all in one place, in case you need some to use when arguing about the morality of punching Nazis on Twitter.
- Derek Laufman’s RuinWorld Goes Kaboom! - March 23, 2018
- Remender and Bengal’s Death or Glory Gets a Racy Trailer - March 23, 2018
- WWE’s Ultimate Deletion Gets an Epilogue - March 23, 2018
- Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Gets Its First Trailer - March 23, 2018
- Image Plans Veritable Lazarus Extravaganza for April - March 23, 2018