Every so often, comic book publishers send out previews of upcoming comics without any of the lettering finished. The result, while pretty to look at, leaves readers wondering just what the hell is going on in those pages. Well, wonder no more.
Here at Bleeding Cool, we have combined decades of experience in reading comic books, so we can tell what’s happening, even without the words. Using that knowledge, we’ve lettered these previews for Marvel and DC to the best of our ability. If nothing else, perhaps publishers will learn their lesson and stop releasing unlettered previews.
In this issue of Improbable Previews, we fill in the blanks on Marvel’s latest hot character mash-up title, Deadpool The Duck. Written by Alan Moore’s third cousin Stuart Moore, with art by Jacopo Camagni, and variant covers by everyone – seriously, you should check because you might be doing a variant cover – Deadpool The Duck is based on a simple concept: if people like Deadpool, and they like Howard The Duck, then they’ll really like Deadpool and Howard The Duck mashed together into one highly marketable character! Deadpool the Duck #1 hits stores on January 4.
- Conspiracy Theory: Is Marvel Planning to Reboot Daredevil? - August 21, 2018
- The War on Christmas Comes to Rugrats in C is for Chanukah One-Shot - August 21, 2018
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur Gets an A-List Guest Star in November - August 21, 2018
- Valiant Will Ship Glass Variants Directly to Comic Book Stores - August 21, 2018
- C.S. Pascat and Johanna The Mad’s Fence to Become an Ongoing Graphic Novel Series - August 21, 2018