Remember, remember, the… wait, what were we supposed to remember again? We’ve been wearing this really tight Guy Fawkes mask while hanging out in a cellar underneath Rich Johnston’s AirBNB last night, and we think it may be cutting off the circulation to our brain. Maybe we’ll just step outside for a breath of fresh air.
But before we do that, since we can’t think of anything notable that happened today in history, perhaps November 5th can henceforth be known as the day Doctor Strange successfully executed a plot to exceed expectations in its opening weekend domestic box office, pulling in over $32 million in an explosive Friday and putting itself on track to earn more than $80 million by the time the weekend is through. If the film holds steady, its opening weekend totals will assassinate some previous debuts in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, including Captain America: The First Avenger, Ant-Man, and Thor, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The international box office total for Doctor Strange is packing a lot of gunpowder at $132 million, as the film infiltrated the Chinese box office on Friday as well, earning $12 million.
Doctor Strange is directed by Scott Derrickson and stars fellow conspirators Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Benedict Wong, Mads Mikkelsen, and Tilda Swinton. Don’t torture yourself for days waiting to see this one – head to your local movie theater now!
- Hulu to Adapt Giannis Milonogiannis’s Old City Blues with Kerry Washington Starring, Gore Verbinski Directing - August 14, 2018
- Marvel Reveals Uncanny X-Men #1 Cover by Leinil Francis Yu and Edgar Delgado - August 14, 2018
- Dark Horse Reveals God of War Comic Book Mini-Series Launching in November - August 14, 2018
- That Time Vince McMahon Paid a Vampire to Spray Fake Blood on Donald Trump - August 14, 2018
- Old Spice: Gambit Gets a New Codename from Deadpool in Mr. and Mrs. X #2? - August 14, 2018