After years of people asking, Nintendo finally went big into the mobile market this year. Miitomo was big (briefly) and the app they help support, Pokemon Go, is one of the biggest on the platform, ever.
That’s why it isn’t surprsing that Sony want in on the action. We heard something similar earlier this year which said the company was actively looking to get into the space, but now Nikkei have posted a report saying it will happen. (Nikkei have an excellent track record on the Japanese game business.)
It’s said that the mobile games will be based off of popular PlayStation franchises and will be announced by the end of this year. There were no more specifics than that other than there might be interplay between apps and console games.
The mobile market almost certainly could prove fruitful for a company like Sony, and if they can find compelling apps, I’ll happily play with them. I’m keeping an eye on this.
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018
- Breath of the Wild Style Open World Pokemon Game Possibly “Still on the Cards” - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2 Glitch Could Confirm Next Expansion Location - October 15, 2018
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018
- Blizzard Seem Confident That Diablo III Will Get Cross-Console Play - October 12, 2018