After years of people asking, Nintendo finally went big into the mobile market this year. Miitomo was big (briefly) and the app they help support, Pokemon Go, is one of the biggest on the platform, ever.
That’s why it isn’t surprsing that Sony want in on the action. We heard something similar earlier this year which said the company was actively looking to get into the space, but now Nikkei have posted a report saying it will happen. (Nikkei have an excellent track record on the Japanese game business.)
It’s said that the mobile games will be based off of popular PlayStation franchises and will be announced by the end of this year. There were no more specifics than that other than there might be interplay between apps and console games.
The mobile market almost certainly could prove fruitful for a company like Sony, and if they can find compelling apps, I’ll happily play with them. I’m keeping an eye on this.
- F1 2015 is Free to Pick Up Right Now Thanks to Humble Bundle - March 23, 2018
- Detroit: Become Human Gets 3 Trailers to Show Off Its Protagonists - March 23, 2018
- Overwatch League: Dallas Fuel’s Tank Woes Continue as New Tank OGE is Suspended Before Even Arriving - March 23, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Working On AAA RPG Set to Release By 2021 (And it’s Not Cyberpunk 2077) - March 23, 2018
- PUBG is Getting Fortnite-Like Events That Will Consistently Change - March 22, 2018