Ah, The good old street date break. A term that alludes to when a retail shop sells a game in advance of its actual release.
And this one is a doozy. It’s for one the biggest games this generation, and two weeks early. There are reports that Uncharted 4 is already being sold and received certain buyers. VideoGamer report that certain Amazon users are getting dispatch confirmations, with other online stores doing the same. On top of that, they also report that a man being called Shabz picked up a copy from a CEX somewhere in the UK.
The irony of all this is that the game was meant to be out today, but recently got delayed two weeks due to complications. We’ll call this an accidental soft launch then, I guess?
- Quake Champions Extends its Free-to-Play Period Another Week - June 19, 2018
- Epic Games Removing Exploit that Allowed Players to Unintentionally Create a Swastika - June 19, 2018
- AJ Styles is the WWE 2K19 Cover Star - June 19, 2018
- Fallout 76’s Beta is Coming to Xbox One First - June 19, 2018
- EA is Talking About Cross-Play for FIFA, Says Creative Director - June 18, 2018