Ah, The good old street date break. A term that alludes to when a retail shop sells a game in advance of its actual release.
And this one is a doozy. It’s for one the biggest games this generation, and two weeks early. There are reports that Uncharted 4 is already being sold and received certain buyers. VideoGamer report that certain Amazon users are getting dispatch confirmations, with other online stores doing the same. On top of that, they also report that a man being called Shabz picked up a copy from a CEX somewhere in the UK.
The irony of all this is that the game was meant to be out today, but recently got delayed two weeks due to complications. We’ll call this an accidental soft launch then, I guess?
- Star Wars Battlefront 2’s Microtransactions to Return, but They Won’t Affect Gameplay - March 16, 2018
- Heroes of the Storm’s Next Character is StarCraft’s Fenix - March 16, 2018
- PUBG’s Mobile Port Spreads to the West as Beta Rolls Out to Canada - March 16, 2018
- The Crew 2 Finally Gets a Release Date, and It’s Coming This Summer - March 16, 2018
- Sea of Thieves Gets a Launch Trailer Showing Off Pirate-y Fun - March 16, 2018