The Adult Colouring book boom shows no sign of stopping. They made up five of Amazon’s top 10 sellers last week. Brazil had six in their top 10 non-fiction list. And last year in France, they sold 3.5m of the buggers.
We’ve looked at how Marvel are moving into that field. Well, they have plenty of black and white artwork just sitting on their servers they could repurpose and rename.
And they have registred the trademark for the popular phrase associated with some of books, Color Your Own, solely for comic books.
So as well as the announced volumes, would we be about to get regular comic books in plain old black-and-white and encouraging people to colour them themselves?
Hope the paper stock is up to it.
- Matt Brady Returns to Comics, and Somehow Bleeding Cool Has the Scoop - August 16, 2018
- Warren Ellis’s Only Convention Appearance in 2018 Will Be at Thought Bubble – But No, He Won’t Sign That - August 16, 2018
- The Bad of Fan Expo Boston 2018 – and Fan Expo’s Response - August 16, 2018
- Extermination #1 Second Printing Runs Final Page Spoiler on the Cover - August 16, 2018
- Exclusive: Trailer for Stan Lee’s Work Force #2 - August 16, 2018