The Adult Colouring book boom shows no sign of stopping. They made up five of Amazon’s top 10 sellers last week. Brazil had six in their top 10 non-fiction list. And last year in France, they sold 3.5m of the buggers.
We’ve looked at how Marvel are moving into that field. Well, they have plenty of black and white artwork just sitting on their servers they could repurpose and rename.
And they have registred the trademark for the popular phrase associated with some of books, Color Your Own, solely for comic books.
So as well as the announced volumes, would we be about to get regular comic books in plain old black-and-white and encouraging people to colour them themselves?
Hope the paper stock is up to it.
- Poison Ivy Comes to Batman This Week… (Batman #41 Preview) - February 19, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics to Publish Super Mario Encyclopaedia - February 19, 2018
- “What We Did Today is Going to Change DC Comics Forever,” Says John Cunningham (VIDEO) - February 19, 2018
- Marie Lu to Adapt Her Own Batman Novel, Nightwalker, as a Graphic Novel - February 19, 2018
- A Teenage Wonder Woman Becomes a Refugee in Laurie Halse Anderson’s ‘Tempest Tossed’ - February 19, 2018