For those who have been following along, legendary comic artist George Perez has been suffering deterioration in his vision due to his diabetes and had to start wearing an eye patch. He went into surgery on Friday to try and improve his vision. He posted on update to his facebook page
Well, I’m back! According to my eye doctor the surgery went well and I have already noticed a small bit of improvement in the vision of my left eye. Before the operation, when I was asked “How many fingers am I holding up?”, I couldn’t even see the person’s hand. Now I can make out the number of fingers, albeit still fuzzy.
A small step forward, but forward nevertheless. Thanks to everyone for all the posts, e-mails, letters, texts and phone calls of support and encouragement. I still have a ways to go, but I seem to be on the right path.
Big text hugs and cyber smooches all around!!
We wish George a speedy recover and look forward to his future work with Boom! Studios.
- ‘Voltron: Legendary Defender’ Panel Premieres New Episode - July 20, 2017
- The Hidden Disney Collectibles Of San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- John Boyega Suits Up In First Teaser Footage For ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ - July 20, 2017
- Linkin Park Singer Chester Bennington Dies By Suicide - July 20, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary: Erica Schultz Talks The Final Issue Of ‘Charmed’ - July 20, 2017