This seems to be the feel-good, second-chance story of the day. Visual effects house Rhythm & Hues recently purchased from bankruptcy by Prana Studios has optioned the former Chaos! Comics / now Dynamite Entertainment property Chastity for film and television development.
From the announcement:
The small-screen side has the most traction at this stage as Scott Winant, the veteran Emmy-winning exec producer whose credits range from thirtysomething and My So-Called Life to Californication and Save Me, is attached to showrun and direct. (Winant has been working as a director on True Blood.)
Lee Berger will produce on behalf of Rhythm & Hues. Dynamite CEO/publisher Nick Barrucci and COO/president Juan Collado will act as executive producers on the projects.
Chastity tells the story of teenager Chastity Marks, a runaway who’s accused of murdering her abusive father. She comes across a night carnival that hides a community of vampire-like creatures and their associates who are involved in a desperate and vicious power struggle for survival. This leads to Chastity finding out the truth about her life and true destiny.
Chastity was originally published by Chaos! Comics starting in the 1990s. In 2010, the company was acquired by Dynamite, which also owns characters such as Vampirella and Pantha and releases creator-owned books like Garth Ennis’ The Boys as well as licensed books such as Red Sonja, The Shadow and The Long Ranger.
- Prometheus Is On The Run As Arrow Returns – Live Blog - April 26, 2017
- The Bleeding Cool NFL Mock Draft Part 3 (Picks 21-32) - April 26, 2017
- Z Nation, Evil Ernie, Vampirella And Army Of Darkness Lead The Latest Groupees Bundle - April 26, 2017
- Artist Kewber Baal’s Commentary On KISS #7 - April 26, 2017
- Bill Mantlo – Through His Brother’s Eyes - April 26, 2017