We ran rumours of this the other week.
But sadly it’s true, Astonishng X-Men, the comic that gave us Joss Whedon and John Cassaday on X-Men and later the marriage of Northstar and Kyle that hit the headlines internationally, is no more from October.
ASTONISHING X-MEN #68
GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA
Cover by PHIL NOTO
•Through thick and thin, from marriage to apocalypse, the X-Men have always stood together as a family.
• Is there anything in this world – or any other – that could break them up?
• It all ends here as Marjorie Liu bids a fond farewell to the Astonishing team!
Unless of course, as we also rumoured, they reboot it along with X-Factor, and announce the news at San Diego Comic Con.
Why not go to the microphone and ask?
But it’s also not the only Astonishing news for October.
Originally the Astonishing brand was used for a number of titles, trying to be a kind of All Star for Marvel with big names on big books. It didn’t quite take in the same way. And along the journey, Astonishing Captain America was announced from Andy Diggle and Adi Granov… and then never came out.
But in October, it’s back, and renamed Captain America: Living Legend, the first issue drawn by Adi Granov, the second by Agustin Alessio.
One may guess he’ll draw the remaining two issues as well.
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018