We ran rumours of this the other week.
But sadly it’s true, Astonishng X-Men, the comic that gave us Joss Whedon and John Cassaday on X-Men and later the marriage of Northstar and Kyle that hit the headlines internationally, is no more from October.
ASTONISHING X-MEN #68
GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA
Cover by PHIL NOTO
•Through thick and thin, from marriage to apocalypse, the X-Men have always stood together as a family.
• Is there anything in this world – or any other – that could break them up?
• It all ends here as Marjorie Liu bids a fond farewell to the Astonishing team!
Unless of course, as we also rumoured, they reboot it along with X-Factor, and announce the news at San Diego Comic Con.
Why not go to the microphone and ask?
But it’s also not the only Astonishing news for October.
Originally the Astonishing brand was used for a number of titles, trying to be a kind of All Star for Marvel with big names on big books. It didn’t quite take in the same way. And along the journey, Astonishing Captain America was announced from Andy Diggle and Adi Granov… and then never came out.
But in October, it’s back, and renamed Captain America: Living Legend, the first issue drawn by Adi Granov, the second by Agustin Alessio.
One may guess he’ll draw the remaining two issues as well.
- Heroes In Crisis, Spoilers and the Lessons of Armageddon 2001 - December 14, 2018
- G Willow Wilson Leaves, Saladin Ahmed and Minkyu Jung Launch the Magnificent Ms Marvel - December 14, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Border Town in Light of Allegations Against Its Writer? (UPDATED) - December 14, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future: The Price Of Pulling A Pull Box - December 14, 2018
- Comics Depot of Saratoga Springs to Close in a Week’s Time - December 14, 2018