I cannot tell you how much I love The Cowboy Wally Show by Kyle Baker but I’ll try. Um. A lot. Bleeding Cool’s Brendon Connelly also liked it so much he kept my copy from me for years. Bastard. In parts a media parody, in others, a look at how people get on in work without exhibiting any talent, Cowboy Wally is smart, sexy, hilarious, satirical and not enough people know about it. Originally published by Doubleday during the eighties graphic novel boom, they had no idea what to do with it, and it was eventually pulped. It took decades to be reprinted. And now Kyle Baker has made it available for free on his website, along with the more famous Why I Hate Saturn and the more recent I Die At Midnight, You Are Here, King David, Special Forces and Nat Turner.
What were your plans for the rest of the day? Cancel them. You’ve got some reading to do.
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018
- Sitcomics Challenges Diamond with 64-Page $3.99 Comics – and a 20-Page Preview of Start-Up #1 - January 19, 2018
- He Who Knows Floods Soaks at the Touch of Frank Cho’s Man-Thing - January 19, 2018
- Batman and Doomsday Clock Win Comics of the Year, DC Wins Publisher at Diamond 2017 Gem Awards - January 19, 2018
- The Walking Dead, Wild Hunt, and X-Men Red Top Advance Reorders - January 19, 2018