I cannot tell you how much I love The Cowboy Wally Show by Kyle Baker but I’ll try. Um. A lot. Bleeding Cool’s Brendon Connelly also liked it so much he kept my copy from me for years. Bastard. In parts a media parody, in others, a look at how people get on in work without exhibiting any talent, Cowboy Wally is smart, sexy, hilarious, satirical and not enough people know about it. Originally published by Doubleday during the eighties graphic novel boom, they had no idea what to do with it, and it was eventually pulped. It took decades to be reprinted. And now Kyle Baker has made it available for free on his website, along with the more famous Why I Hate Saturn and the more recent I Die At Midnight, You Are Here, King David, Special Forces and Nat Turner.
What were your plans for the rest of the day? Cancel them. You’ve got some reading to do.
- What Did Nick Spencer Think About President Obama And Chelsea Manning? - January 20, 2017
- The Cartoon Museum Exhibits 40 Years Of 2000AD From Next Week - January 20, 2017
- Justice League Of America Tops Advance Reorders, Followed By Image’s 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017