I cannot tell you how much I love The Cowboy Wally Show by Kyle Baker but I’ll try. Um. A lot. Bleeding Cool’s Brendon Connelly also liked it so much he kept my copy from me for years. Bastard. In parts a media parody, in others, a look at how people get on in work without exhibiting any talent, Cowboy Wally is smart, sexy, hilarious, satirical and not enough people know about it. Originally published by Doubleday during the eighties graphic novel boom, they had no idea what to do with it, and it was eventually pulped. It took decades to be reprinted. And now Kyle Baker has made it available for free on his website, along with the more famous Why I Hate Saturn and the more recent I Die At Midnight, You Are Here, King David, Special Forces and Nat Turner.
What were your plans for the rest of the day? Cancel them. You’ve got some reading to do.
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017