I cannot tell you how much I love The Cowboy Wally Show by Kyle Baker but I’ll try. Um. A lot. Bleeding Cool’s Brendon Connelly also liked it so much he kept my copy from me for years. Bastard. In parts a media parody, in others, a look at how people get on in work without exhibiting any talent, Cowboy Wally is smart, sexy, hilarious, satirical and not enough people know about it. Originally published by Doubleday during the eighties graphic novel boom, they had no idea what to do with it, and it was eventually pulped. It took decades to be reprinted. And now Kyle Baker has made it available for free on his website, along with the more famous Why I Hate Saturn and the more recent I Die At Midnight, You Are Here, King David, Special Forces and Nat Turner.
What were your plans for the rest of the day? Cancel them. You’ve got some reading to do.
- Can Stargate Really Work As A New Show Set In 1928? - July 22, 2017
- Indie Novelist Matt Wolf On His Epic Fantasy Series, The Ronin Saga, And SDCC - July 22, 2017
- How To Gatecrash VIP Parties At San Diego Comic-Con (With Apologies To Robert Kirkman) - July 22, 2017
- Oh The Celebrities You’ll Meet At San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2017
- The Winners Of The Eisner Awards 2017 In Full – And Their Reactions! - July 22, 2017