I’ve been told from the same source who confirmed Gail Simone‘s initial departure from Batgirl, to expect more changes of the writers on a number of DC Comics imminently, including a number already solicited through Diamond. Indeed, that certain new creative teams are not even going to have a chance to start before they’ve been switched.
The plan from Dan DiDio, reacting to the current market dominance of Marvel NOW! is to jumpstart low-to-mid tier DC sales with spontaneous big ideas and sweeping initiatives. Which may need new creative teams and directions
I am told to expect DC PR to try and bury previous announcements, and ask compliant media sources for articles promoting a now non-existent team to be taken down.
Naturally, Bleeding Cool will be painting them with a big red circle and a pointy arrow.
And after the fallout of the attempt to fire Gail Simone, I’m told other creators being dropped have been asked not to tweet about it, in return for the possibility of future work at DC on other titles or fill-ins. Those who make a fuss won’t be returning.
Of course, it’s a lot harder to control the gossip in the bars as convention season begins.,,
- Ch-Ch-Changes- with Edgar Salazar, Grant Morrison, Howard Porter and Jorge Jiminez - January 15, 2018
- Jamie Hewlett Draws BBC Radio 4 Front Row’s Stig Abel - January 15, 2018
- IDW to Publish Rick Veitch’s Brat Pack Hardcover in September - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Pink Time Force Ranger in April - January 15, 2018
- Valiant Issues Correction for Shadowman #1 Glow-in-the-Dark Variant – They Will Publish More Than One Copy - January 15, 2018