For instance I understand that Batgirl #17 and #18 won’t be written by Gail Simone. This specifically isn’t an indication that Gail is off the book, I have been explicitly told that this is a fill-in writer situation.
With Gail Simone’s workload at DC reduced lately after Firestorm, it does point to problems at the company with their creator/editorial relations.
Issue 17 has already been solicited of course, for February. This is the original solicitation;
Written by GAIL SIMONE
Art by ED BENES
Cover by JUAN JOSE RYP
On sale FEBRUARY 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• Barbara Gordon must deal with the fallout from “DEATH OF THE FAMILY” in this issue that will forever change her status quo in The New 52!
• What does James Gordon Jr. have planned for his sister, Batgirl?
But this just one of a number of high profile similar situations I have been hearing about at DC Comics this past week.
More to come…
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018