For instance I understand that Batgirl #17 and #18 won’t be written by Gail Simone. This specifically isn’t an indication that Gail is off the book, I have been explicitly told that this is a fill-in writer situation.
With Gail Simone’s workload at DC reduced lately after Firestorm, it does point to problems at the company with their creator/editorial relations.
Issue 17 has already been solicited of course, for February. This is the original solicitation;
Written by GAIL SIMONE
Art by ED BENES
Cover by JUAN JOSE RYP
On sale FEBRUARY 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• Barbara Gordon must deal with the fallout from “DEATH OF THE FAMILY” in this issue that will forever change her status quo in The New 52!
• What does James Gordon Jr. have planned for his sister, Batgirl?
But this just one of a number of high profile similar situations I have been hearing about at DC Comics this past week.
More to come…
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017