Dan Slott has been adamant about not spoiling Amazing Spider-Man #700 and Superior Spider-Man. Even though the last issue of Amazing Spider-Man will ship to retailers a week before it goes on sale, he has been calling on everyone not to release any spoilers on the comic. That includes Marvel – don’t expect to see a New York Post headline on this one. He wants to preserve the big surprise.
Which is why, when he only tweeted to Ryan Stegman instead of directly messaging him with a massive hoot of a spoiler for the identity of the new Spider-Man taking over Peter Parker’s superheroic role (and it seems, Peter Parker’s ex-wife Mary Jane Watson), it seemed a little out of character.
Oh dear. The tweet has been deleted, but it’s still there if you know where to look. And while it doesn’t spoil much of Amazing Spider-Man #700 per se, certainly not the reason why Slott will have to go into hiding, it does bring all sorts of elements from NYCC together in one hoot of a spoiler. That is, unless he is providing a very big and fishy red herring just for the likes of me to pick up on.
Here’s the tweet with the relevent bits redacted. If you want to go searching, that’s up to you. Just don’t do it in the comments please…
- 10 Rules For Hiring Indie Comics Artists - June 24, 2017
- Velveteen Rabbit Made Real With David Mack And A Full Orchestra - June 24, 2017
- Spreading The Anthology Love Through Kickstarter - June 24, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: World Enough And Time – They Call Her Doctor Who! - June 24, 2017
- Gosh Comics Celebrates Pride London With Dazzling Window Display - June 24, 2017