Dan Slott has been adamant about not spoiling Amazing Spider-Man #700 and Superior Spider-Man. Even though the last issue of Amazing Spider-Man will ship to retailers a week before it goes on sale, he has been calling on everyone not to release any spoilers on the comic. That includes Marvel – don’t expect to see a New York Post headline on this one. He wants to preserve the big surprise.
Which is why, when he only tweeted to Ryan Stegman instead of directly messaging him with a massive hoot of a spoiler for the identity of the new Spider-Man taking over Peter Parker’s superheroic role (and it seems, Peter Parker’s ex-wife Mary Jane Watson), it seemed a little out of character.
Oh dear. The tweet has been deleted, but it’s still there if you know where to look. And while it doesn’t spoil much of Amazing Spider-Man #700 per se, certainly not the reason why Slott will have to go into hiding, it does bring all sorts of elements from NYCC together in one hoot of a spoiler. That is, unless he is providing a very big and fishy red herring just for the likes of me to pick up on.
Here’s the tweet with the relevent bits redacted. If you want to go searching, that’s up to you. Just don’t do it in the comments please…
- Eric Zawadzki And Ryan Lindsay’s Graphic Novel, Eternal, From Black Mask January 2018 Solicits - October 18, 2017
- Titan Comics Launches Assassin’s Creed: Origins With Free DLC, By Anne Toole And PJ Kaiowa In January 2018 Solicits - October 18, 2017
- DC Comics Has Revealed A Universe Where Everyone Is Genderflipped – Including Selina Kyle (METAL Spoilers) - October 18, 2017
- Did Stark Just Unmask Peter Parker To The World Again? Seriously? - October 18, 2017
- So Maybe Wonder Woman Wasn’t The Worst Mother – But Then Superman Was A Terrible Step-Dad (Justice League #31 Spoilers) - October 18, 2017