Dan Slott has been adamant about not spoiling Amazing Spider-Man #700 and Superior Spider-Man. Even though the last issue of Amazing Spider-Man will ship to retailers a week before it goes on sale, he has been calling on everyone not to release any spoilers on the comic. That includes Marvel – don’t expect to see a New York Post headline on this one. He wants to preserve the big surprise.
Which is why, when he only tweeted to Ryan Stegman instead of directly messaging him with a massive hoot of a spoiler for the identity of the new Spider-Man taking over Peter Parker’s superheroic role (and it seems, Peter Parker’s ex-wife Mary Jane Watson), it seemed a little out of character.
Oh dear. The tweet has been deleted, but it’s still there if you know where to look. And while it doesn’t spoil much of Amazing Spider-Man #700 per se, certainly not the reason why Slott will have to go into hiding, it does bring all sorts of elements from NYCC together in one hoot of a spoiler. That is, unless he is providing a very big and fishy red herring just for the likes of me to pick up on.
Here’s the tweet with the relevent bits redacted. If you want to go searching, that’s up to you. Just don’t do it in the comments please…
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017