Dan Slott has been adamant about not spoiling Amazing Spider-Man #700 and Superior Spider-Man. Even though the last issue of Amazing Spider-Man will ship to retailers a week before it goes on sale, he has been calling on everyone not to release any spoilers on the comic. That includes Marvel – don’t expect to see a New York Post headline on this one. He wants to preserve the big surprise.
Which is why, when he only tweeted to Ryan Stegman instead of directly messaging him with a massive hoot of a spoiler for the identity of the new Spider-Man taking over Peter Parker’s superheroic role (and it seems, Peter Parker’s ex-wife Mary Jane Watson), it seemed a little out of character.
Oh dear. The tweet has been deleted, but it’s still there if you know where to look. And while it doesn’t spoil much of Amazing Spider-Man #700 per se, certainly not the reason why Slott will have to go into hiding, it does bring all sorts of elements from NYCC together in one hoot of a spoiler. That is, unless he is providing a very big and fishy red herring just for the likes of me to pick up on.
Here’s the tweet with the relevent bits redacted. If you want to go searching, that’s up to you. Just don’t do it in the comments please…
- How Far Will Superhero Creamery & T-Shirt Design Go Over Trademarks Against DC Comics? - May 27, 2017
- Exclusive Preview Of Bill And Ted Saving The Universe… - May 27, 2017
- Those Funko Exclusives On The Floor Of MCM London Comic Con Spring 2017 – From Steve Trevor To Mace Windu… - May 27, 2017
- Andrew Wheeler, Director Of Marketing For Chapterhouse Comics - May 27, 2017
- Sharkanado Can Sit On It… Here Comes Volcanosaurus, In August - May 27, 2017