Dan Slott has been adamant about not spoiling Amazing Spider-Man #700 and Superior Spider-Man. Even though the last issue of Amazing Spider-Man will ship to retailers a week before it goes on sale, he has been calling on everyone not to release any spoilers on the comic. That includes Marvel – don’t expect to see a New York Post headline on this one. He wants to preserve the big surprise.
Which is why, when he only tweeted to Ryan Stegman instead of directly messaging him with a massive hoot of a spoiler for the identity of the new Spider-Man taking over Peter Parker’s superheroic role (and it seems, Peter Parker’s ex-wife Mary Jane Watson), it seemed a little out of character.
Oh dear. The tweet has been deleted, but it’s still there if you know where to look. And while it doesn’t spoil much of Amazing Spider-Man #700 per se, certainly not the reason why Slott will have to go into hiding, it does bring all sorts of elements from NYCC together in one hoot of a spoiler. That is, unless he is providing a very big and fishy red herring just for the likes of me to pick up on.
Here’s the tweet with the relevent bits redacted. If you want to go searching, that’s up to you. Just don’t do it in the comments please…
- DC Comics Confirms Bats Out Of Hell Crossover With November Solicits Sneak-Peek - August 18, 2017
- Exclusive! The Long Beach Comic Con 2017 Panels And Programming Schedule - August 18, 2017
- J Scott Campbell’s Exclusive Retailer Variant For Marvel Legacy #1 – The Pencil Sketch - August 18, 2017
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau Grabs Them By The Variant Cover? - August 18, 2017
- Sam Humphries Leaves Green Lanterns For Something New As Tim Seeley Takes Over - August 18, 2017