After being allowed to tease it eight days ago, today they can confirm it. Matt Fraction and Mark Bagley are confirmed on Fantastic Four, and Matt Fraction and Mike Allred confirmed on FF.
And while the Fantastic Four go on a journey through time and space, the FF will gain Ant Man She-Hulk, Medusa and… ta da! Miss Thing as member, a woman who wears a Thing suit, to keep an eye on things when they are gone.
USA Today reports on the Fantastic Four
They’ll be gone for a year — which will only be four minutes in regular Earth time — and while there will be continuing plot threads, each issue will be a new adventure and new situation.
“This is the place to be wildly inventive, and I would like to put as many things down on the page as humanly possible and offer up another dose next issue.”
The Big Bang happened in less than a second, though, so four minutes is an eternity for the big brain of Reed Richards. He makes it a point for them to choose the people they want to carry on their legacy just in case something goes awry since the Earth will still need protection.
Ant-Man and his group stand guard for the four minutes, but nothing happens. Three weeks later, a one-eyed, one-legged, long-haired, half-insane, bearded Johnny Storm walks through the time gateway, shuts it behind him and says, “We can never open this door again.”
And who is Miss Thing?
Miss Thing is the most interesting choice because, as Fraction puts it, “Johnny spaces it because he’s Johnny.” She just happens to be a “Lohan-esque celebutante blonde” he’s with the night before he leaves and she’s thrown into the middle of this situation.
“She’s the regular person, she’s the human, she’s the overwhelmed ‘Whaaa?’ of it all,” Fraction says.
- John Layman And Sam Kieth Create Eleanor & The Egret From AfterShock Comics - January 17, 2017
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017