After being allowed to tease it eight days ago, today they can confirm it. Matt Fraction and Mark Bagley are confirmed on Fantastic Four, and Matt Fraction and Mike Allred confirmed on FF.
And while the Fantastic Four go on a journey through time and space, the FF will gain Ant Man She-Hulk, Medusa and… ta da! Miss Thing as member, a woman who wears a Thing suit, to keep an eye on things when they are gone.
USA Today reports on the Fantastic Four
They’ll be gone for a year — which will only be four minutes in regular Earth time — and while there will be continuing plot threads, each issue will be a new adventure and new situation.
“This is the place to be wildly inventive, and I would like to put as many things down on the page as humanly possible and offer up another dose next issue.”
The Big Bang happened in less than a second, though, so four minutes is an eternity for the big brain of Reed Richards. He makes it a point for them to choose the people they want to carry on their legacy just in case something goes awry since the Earth will still need protection.
Ant-Man and his group stand guard for the four minutes, but nothing happens. Three weeks later, a one-eyed, one-legged, long-haired, half-insane, bearded Johnny Storm walks through the time gateway, shuts it behind him and says, “We can never open this door again.”
And who is Miss Thing?
Miss Thing is the most interesting choice because, as Fraction puts it, “Johnny spaces it because he’s Johnny.” She just happens to be a “Lohan-esque celebutante blonde” he’s with the night before he leaves and she’s thrown into the middle of this situation.
“She’s the regular person, she’s the human, she’s the overwhelmed ‘Whaaa?’ of it all,” Fraction says.
- Wolverine’s Creator Would Like To Buy You A Meal – For His Health - February 28, 2017
- Want To Be In Avengers: Infinity War? Here’s Your Chance – Especially If You Are Short Or Are An Amputee - February 28, 2017
- Avatar Press May 2017 Solicits – Alan Moore And Garth Ennis’ Best… - February 28, 2017
- Stirrups & Beans: Food, Comics And Bringing Back The Chisholm Kid, In Manhattan This April - February 27, 2017
- J Scott Campbell’s Exclusive Venomized Cover To Iron Fist #1 (UPDATE) - February 27, 2017