Testament to Deadpool’s appeal and durability is that he thrives regardless of being regulated to D-list talent. Marvel A-list never touches.
Now instantly my head was full of Joe Kelly, Ed McGuinness, Joe Madueira, Gail Simone, David Lapham and Kyle Baker but Rob Liefeld clarified, saying “still no A-listers in decade”.
Dave Johnson replied;
Yes!!! I’ve been elevated to the “D list” of talent. Thanks Rob. Now if I can only learn how to ink while driving a car.
While Marvel Editor-In-Chied Axel Alonso tweeted;
Deadpool-featuring Uncanny X-Force writer Rick Remender replied ;
Lot of talented people you just called out as D-list. Might be a better way to congratulate yourself?
Rob tweeted in response;
Truth hurts. Did I miss the Brubaker Deadpool arc? The Millar Deadpool arc? The Loeb Deadpool arc. Get over yourself.
The flip of my statement is that Marvel doesn’t feature their prize talent on Dpool and the character does well-Mostly newbies, hence D-list
Rob has also been writing about his frustration that Deadpool is used as a Wil-E Coyote type figure in the Marvel Universe, pointing the finger at Axel Alonso. But I don’t know, my favourite, absolute utter favourite issue was when Deadpool goes back in time and rewrites a previous issue of Amazing Spider-Man from the sixties, with a perpetually dancing Mary Jane Watson. A hell of a lot of slapstick and a wonderful comic to boot…
This may continue into the wee hours but I’m off to bed. Night night!
- Dennis Barger Suffers Mild Heart Attack; Well Wishes from All at Bleeding Cool - December 17, 2017
- The Comic Shop that Helped Inspire a Book Store - December 17, 2017
- Marvel Comics Vs. Monster Energy Trial Delayed a Month, Will Stretch into 2019 - December 17, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List -17th December 2017 – Mister Miracle Beats Out Batman - December 17, 2017
- Steven T. Seagle Wants 19 International Artists to Get Naked - December 17, 2017