This weekend is the Diamond Jubilee, the celebration of sixty years ruling as Queen, and the country is in celebration mood. My kids are dressing in Union Jacks, there is pageantry throughout London and street parties across the country. Consider it like the 4th of July, but once every ten years or so.
As a result of the celebrations, there will be two national holidays, one on Monday, one on Tuesday. What does that mean? No distributed comic books. For two days.
Which means that the UK will only get new comic books delivered sometime on Thursday. Just like in the old days. And the launch of Before Watchmen delayed in the UK.
That’s the official reason anyway. I think the Queen happens to be a big Lost Girls fan, and fancies herself a bit of an Alice. Either that or she’s the most prestigious member of One Million Moms. One of the two.
Today I am wearing my Captain Britain T-Shirt.
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018
- John Nee is the New Publisher of Marvel Comics - January 16, 2018