This weekend is the Diamond Jubilee, the celebration of sixty years ruling as Queen, and the country is in celebration mood. My kids are dressing in Union Jacks, there is pageantry throughout London and street parties across the country. Consider it like the 4th of July, but once every ten years or so.
As a result of the celebrations, there will be two national holidays, one on Monday, one on Tuesday. What does that mean? No distributed comic books. For two days.
Which means that the UK will only get new comic books delivered sometime on Thursday. Just like in the old days. And the launch of Before Watchmen delayed in the UK.
That’s the official reason anyway. I think the Queen happens to be a big Lost Girls fan, and fancies herself a bit of an Alice. Either that or she’s the most prestigious member of One Million Moms. One of the two.
Today I am wearing my Captain Britain T-Shirt.
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017
- Image And Boom Are Diamond’s Comics Publishers Of The Year – The 2016 Gem Awards Results - January 19, 2017
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017
- Gendercrunching November 2016 – Marvel, DC, Boom, Titan, Dynamite And Valiant - January 19, 2017