This weekend is the Diamond Jubilee, the celebration of sixty years ruling as Queen, and the country is in celebration mood. My kids are dressing in Union Jacks, there is pageantry throughout London and street parties across the country. Consider it like the 4th of July, but once every ten years or so.
As a result of the celebrations, there will be two national holidays, one on Monday, one on Tuesday. What does that mean? No distributed comic books. For two days.
Which means that the UK will only get new comic books delivered sometime on Thursday. Just like in the old days. And the launch of Before Watchmen delayed in the UK.
That’s the official reason anyway. I think the Queen happens to be a big Lost Girls fan, and fancies herself a bit of an Alice. Either that or she’s the most prestigious member of One Million Moms. One of the two.
Today I am wearing my Captain Britain T-Shirt.
- Star Trek: Discovery Will Feature A Same-Sex Couple Among The Officers (VIDEO) - July 22, 2017
- Video: Colin Baker Talks Jodie Whittaker, The 13th Doctor, At San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2017
- Hasbro Star Wars Toy Line Unveils Rey, Leia, Padme, And More Female Character Releases - July 22, 2017
- Photos From The Warner Bros. DC Comics Movie Presentation - July 22, 2017
- Least-Surprising SDCC News: Wonder Woman 2 Is Confirmed - July 22, 2017