This weekend is the Diamond Jubilee, the celebration of sixty years ruling as Queen, and the country is in celebration mood. My kids are dressing in Union Jacks, there is pageantry throughout London and street parties across the country. Consider it like the 4th of July, but once every ten years or so.
As a result of the celebrations, there will be two national holidays, one on Monday, one on Tuesday. What does that mean? No distributed comic books. For two days.
Which means that the UK will only get new comic books delivered sometime on Thursday. Just like in the old days. And the launch of Before Watchmen delayed in the UK.
That’s the official reason anyway. I think the Queen happens to be a big Lost Girls fan, and fancies herself a bit of an Alice. Either that or she’s the most prestigious member of One Million Moms. One of the two.
Today I am wearing my Captain Britain T-Shirt.
- Bumping The Numbers On The 25-Cent Saga #43 By Bryan K Vaughan And Fiona Staples - April 27, 2017
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017
- Final Part Of Watchmen Crossover “The Button” In Flash #23, Is Running Late… - April 27, 2017
- Image Comics To Publish New Black And White Spawn Cover Variants As Well! - April 27, 2017
- Tom Holland, The New Spider-Man, Films Video For Free Comic Book Day To Promote Marvel’s Secret Empire - April 27, 2017