A quote from Kaare Andrews on one of the most-read topics of the past few days: I have never, NEVER, spent a minute more on a page because I thought I could resell it for more money. The idea is just ridiculous to me. Many times I don’t even have original art to sell because I’ve chosen to paint completely digitally. Or, maybe I have digital backgrounds over hand drawn characters. I can’t even remember having a conversation with another comicbook artist that spent extra time on a page to resell it to an art collector. I certainly have never had that conversation with Josh Middleton or Steve Skroce. Read it all here.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
This is a public message to the comics industry from Bleeding Cool. The names have been removed to protect the guilty.
On the left is Jim Lee’s Batman. On The right is Paola Di Clement’s Nathan Naver, a popular Italian comic book. It has caused quite the stir, but could the pose be a complete coincidence? Possibly, but Paola has form in this regard.
Kaare Andrews was one, however, who wanted to go on the record about the scheduling issue. He writes for Bleeding Cool;
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
Bleeding Cool has verified that the working title of the upcoming Paramount-Nickelodeon Turtle movie from producer Michael Bay and director Jonathan Libesman is going by the working title of Ninja Turtles. We know all too well where the “Mutant” bit went, but now it seems we’re also losing “Teenage.”
The Avengers‘ survivor count begins. Widow confirmed safe, en route to mess with billionaire genius playboy philanthropist.
Despite very clear indicators of race in the original text of Suzanne Collins‘ novel – she describes skin as dark, even dark brown, and that’s about as clear as she needs to be – some of the audience who rolled out to see The Hunger Games this weekend were shocked to find out that the characters of Rue and Thresh were not white
- Stephen King’s Firestarter Gets A Remake By Akiva Goldsman And Scott Teems - April 28, 2017
- Infinity Gauntlet Is Not The Title Of ‘Avengers 4’, Says James Gunn - April 25, 2017
- Hawkgirl Day: Celebrating The First Appearance Of One Of The First Female Comic Book Superheroes - April 25, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle First Trailer - April 24, 2017
- Superman Lives: Official Justice League Movie Site Reveals Another (‘More Official’?) Team Shot With Superman - April 23, 2017