There’s been a whole lotta Marvel going on over the course of comics history. Rich put it succinctly for today’s top topic: “Captain Marvel is a name claimed by many. The DC character now known as Shazam! Captain-Marvell of the Kree. Photon. Marvel Boy. It seems to go around. And we know now that Marvel is reviving the name for a new series. But who will be under the star?”
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
I”m told that this time, it’s Carol Danvers, Ms Marvel’s turn, in a new costume with a new name, and one that might be a little more user friendly for the fanboys. Coming from Marvel in July and written by Marvel rising star Kelly Sue DeConnick.
I’ve often told people that I learn what’s going on in America by alternatively watching Fox News and The Daily Show. That’s not quite true. I also read Doonesbury.
It’s such a wonderful euphemism. It can mean anything. Fights on the street, shagging the wrong girlfriend, chronic lateness, drug use, or someone thinking that someone else is crap. I think only the Beautiful South broke up over “creative similarities.”
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
It’s only a rumour, and very possibly an entirely spurious one, but while the internet is discussing it I see no reason why Bleeding Cool should not join in.
If you make your way past the spoiler roadblock you’ll see some interesting set-snaps of Javier Bardem, filming his turn as the villain of this year’s Bond movie, Skyfall. This our second bit of Bond reportage today, both regarding Bardem, both lightly spoilerish.
The new, full trailer for Prometheus will premiere this Saturday, but ahead of that, here’s a look at some of the new shots it will contain.
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017