A number of people were both shocked and surprised at the latest twist in the Gary Friedrich/Ghost Rider lawsuit over the ownership and exploitation of Ghost Rider. That Marvel Comics are demanding $17,000 from Gary for selling signed prints of Ghost Rider, a character he co-created, and a credit Marvel are stating he can no longer appear under.
Steve Niles has set up a page to take donations to help Gary out, including a Paypal button.
And on Facebook, Gary had written;
A NOTE TO MY FANS AND SUPPORTERS:
Since the various news agencies and websites have reported the ruling against me on my claims against Marvel in the Ghost Rider lawsuit, and the assesment of a $17,000 judgment against me and my company instead, I have read an amazing amount of comments in my support on the internet, and have received many messages of support directly. Although the reports of my employment situation and financial difficulties as well as problems with my health are unfortunately true, I want to let everyone in the comic book world, especially my supporters and fans of the Ghost Rider character which I invented, created, and wrote, that I am going to appeal the Court’s ruling and continue to fight this as long as I am able and that your support of me means more than you will ever know. I have heard your voices. I thank you with alll my heart, and I appreciate your thoughts and best wishes as I soldier on.
Feel free to keep in touch with me via e-mail: email@example.com.
Thanks again and God bless you.
Nat Gertler of About Comics also has an idea considering Marvel’s recent actions…
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017