A number of people were both shocked and surprised at the latest twist in the Gary Friedrich/Ghost Rider lawsuit over the ownership and exploitation of Ghost Rider. That Marvel Comics are demanding $17,000 from Gary for selling signed prints of Ghost Rider, a character he co-created, and a credit Marvel are stating he can no longer appear under.
Steve Niles has set up a page to take donations to help Gary out, including a Paypal button.
And on Facebook, Gary had written;
A NOTE TO MY FANS AND SUPPORTERS:
Since the various news agencies and websites have reported the ruling against me on my claims against Marvel in the Ghost Rider lawsuit, and the assesment of a $17,000 judgment against me and my company instead, I have read an amazing amount of comments in my support on the internet, and have received many messages of support directly. Although the reports of my employment situation and financial difficulties as well as problems with my health are unfortunately true, I want to let everyone in the comic book world, especially my supporters and fans of the Ghost Rider character which I invented, created, and wrote, that I am going to appeal the Court’s ruling and continue to fight this as long as I am able and that your support of me means more than you will ever know. I have heard your voices. I thank you with alll my heart, and I appreciate your thoughts and best wishes as I soldier on.
Feel free to keep in touch with me via e-mail: email@example.com.
Thanks again and God bless you.
Nat Gertler of About Comics also has an idea considering Marvel’s recent actions…
- Goldie Vance #13 Cancelled, Series Moves To Original Graphic Novels - April 23, 2017
- Genderflipping Doctor Jekyll And Mr Hyde – Living In An Electric Empire At C2E2 With Viola Carr - April 23, 2017
- 31 Shots Of Cosplay From C2E2 Day 2 From Neon Leia To A Full Galactus - April 22, 2017
- Legacy Numbering, Classic And Modern Characters, Value Stamps And The Return Of FOOM To Marvel Comics – What Were Bleeding Cool Scoops? - April 22, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: Smile – It’s A Good Thirteenth Life - April 22, 2017