Well, today Bleeding Cool had it confirmed. Not officially of course, don’t be ridiculous. But we’ve been informed quite conclusively from a reliable source at DC Comics that Andy Kubert is drawing one of the four Watchmen prequel miniseries we’ve heard so much about. Taking one of the principle characters from the series and telling a pre-Watchmen tale.
But I understand he may not be the only Kubert getting involved with this.
Other people previously named include Darwyn Cooke (as the equivalent of mini-series showrunner), JMS, John Higgins and JG Jones. Oh, and Dave Gibbons.
DC, as ever these days, declined to comment. This is what Alan Moore had to say, back in the day.
UPDATE: Blimey, look at that. Currently the highest trending topic on Twitter worldwide. 2nd in the US. The UK… still obsessed with Jeremy Clarkson.
- The Beef From Shaky Kane, Tyler Shainline And Richard Starkings From Image Comics In January 2018 - September 20, 2017
- Jim Lee’s Immortal Men And Witchblade Relaunch On Front And Back Of Next Week’s Diamond Previews - September 20, 2017
- A Comic Show – Out Of The Other Side Of A Hurricane - September 19, 2017
- Dark Horse Comics For December 2017 Solicits - September 19, 2017
- Damon Lindelof’s Watchmen Adaptation For HBO Starts Pre-Production - September 19, 2017