Well, today Bleeding Cool had it confirmed. Not officially of course, don’t be ridiculous. But we’ve been informed quite conclusively from a reliable source at DC Comics that Andy Kubert is drawing one of the four Watchmen prequel miniseries we’ve heard so much about. Taking one of the principle characters from the series and telling a pre-Watchmen tale.
But I understand he may not be the only Kubert getting involved with this.
Other people previously named include Darwyn Cooke (as the equivalent of mini-series showrunner), JMS, John Higgins and JG Jones. Oh, and Dave Gibbons.
DC, as ever these days, declined to comment. This is what Alan Moore had to say, back in the day.
UPDATE: Blimey, look at that. Currently the highest trending topic on Twitter worldwide. 2nd in the US. The UK… still obsessed with Jeremy Clarkson.
- Comic Stores Taking Part in Record Store Day on Saturday - April 19, 2018
- A Comic Show – Bendis Came - April 18, 2018
- Sonic the Hedgehog #1 Goes to Third Printing, Batman #45 Goes to Second - April 18, 2018
- Image Comics Puts Late Comics Out of Their Misery, but Will Resolicit - April 18, 2018
- New Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage Series for… Marvel Knights? - April 18, 2018