Welcome to Occupy Comics.
Some of the biggest names in independent and mainstream comics have come together for a social-networking funded comic book anthology to tell the story of the Occupy Wall Street protest that sidesteps the 24 hour news media’s desire for sensationalism.
The money raised will pay the creators for their work – and they will then donate all that money to the Occupy movement, especially through the coming winter months.
The names include Charlie Adlard, Marc Andreyko, Susie Cagle, Kevin Colden, Molly Crabapple, Tyler Crook, J.M. DeMatteis, Joshua Dysart, Zoetica Ebb, Joshua Hale Fialkov, Brea Grant, Zane Grant, Joe Keatinge, Ales Kot, George Krstic, Joseph Michael Linsner, Patrick Meaney, Mark L. Miller, Caleb Monroe, B. Clay Moore, Jerem Morrow, Amancay Nahuelpan-Bustamante, Steve Niles, Laurie Penny, Matt Pizzolo, Steve Rolston, Riley Rossmo, Douglas Rushkoff, Tim Seeley, Simon Spurrier, Ben Templesmith and Ronald Wimberl.
Kickstarter pledges include individual comics, print and digital, collections, DVD documentaries and original art. Whatever you’ve got to spare, there’s a pledge amount to match it. Which is what I’m going to do the minute this article is published… see you there?
- Tim Seeley And Priscilla Petraites Launch Their Brilliant Trash In AfterShock Comics’ November 2017 Solicits - August 21, 2017
- Five Hot Comics – And One To Watch – August 2017 - August 21, 2017
- Buying A Comic Shop On Facebook… - August 21, 2017
- Red, Switch, Mother, Negative, Seance – Five Teases For X-Men To Come - August 21, 2017
- Whedonesque Website Closes After Whedongate, Requests Donations Towards PTSD Treatments - August 21, 2017