Welcome to Occupy Comics.
Some of the biggest names in independent and mainstream comics have come together for a social-networking funded comic book anthology to tell the story of the Occupy Wall Street protest that sidesteps the 24 hour news media’s desire for sensationalism.
The money raised will pay the creators for their work – and they will then donate all that money to the Occupy movement, especially through the coming winter months.
The names include Charlie Adlard, Marc Andreyko, Susie Cagle, Kevin Colden, Molly Crabapple, Tyler Crook, J.M. DeMatteis, Joshua Dysart, Zoetica Ebb, Joshua Hale Fialkov, Brea Grant, Zane Grant, Joe Keatinge, Ales Kot, George Krstic, Joseph Michael Linsner, Patrick Meaney, Mark L. Miller, Caleb Monroe, B. Clay Moore, Jerem Morrow, Amancay Nahuelpan-Bustamante, Steve Niles, Laurie Penny, Matt Pizzolo, Steve Rolston, Riley Rossmo, Douglas Rushkoff, Tim Seeley, Simon Spurrier, Ben Templesmith and Ronald Wimberl.
Kickstarter pledges include individual comics, print and digital, collections, DVD documentaries and original art. Whatever you’ve got to spare, there’s a pledge amount to match it. Which is what I’m going to do the minute this article is published… see you there?
- Street Fighter’s Jeffrey ‘Chamba’ Cruz Launches RandomVeus ODC in January - October 21, 2018
- Top Dog Comics Launches in Augusta, Georgia - October 21, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 21st October 2018 – Batman Vs Shuri - October 21, 2018
- Punisher Season 2 and Jessica Jones Season 3, the Last Marvel Netflix Shows? - October 21, 2018
- From Hilda to Esther – Walking Through Notts Comic Con 2018 - October 21, 2018