Welcome to Occupy Comics.
Some of the biggest names in independent and mainstream comics have come together for a social-networking funded comic book anthology to tell the story of the Occupy Wall Street protest that sidesteps the 24 hour news media’s desire for sensationalism.
The money raised will pay the creators for their work – and they will then donate all that money to the Occupy movement, especially through the coming winter months.
The names include Charlie Adlard, Marc Andreyko, Susie Cagle, Kevin Colden, Molly Crabapple, Tyler Crook, J.M. DeMatteis, Joshua Dysart, Zoetica Ebb, Joshua Hale Fialkov, Brea Grant, Zane Grant, Joe Keatinge, Ales Kot, George Krstic, Joseph Michael Linsner, Patrick Meaney, Mark L. Miller, Caleb Monroe, B. Clay Moore, Jerem Morrow, Amancay Nahuelpan-Bustamante, Steve Niles, Laurie Penny, Matt Pizzolo, Steve Rolston, Riley Rossmo, Douglas Rushkoff, Tim Seeley, Simon Spurrier, Ben Templesmith and Ronald Wimberl.
Kickstarter pledges include individual comics, print and digital, collections, DVD documentaries and original art. Whatever you’ve got to spare, there’s a pledge amount to match it. Which is what I’m going to do the minute this article is published… see you there?
- A Look Behind The Walls Of The LEGO Booth At New York Toy Fair 2017 - February 21, 2017
- The Orbital Comics 2000AD Gallery For The 40th Anniversary – Beyond The Comic - February 21, 2017
- Cover Story: Jae Lee Takes On Jim Henson’s Power Of The Dark Crystal For FOC… - February 20, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits For May 2017 – Secret Empire, Warriors, Guardians, Zombies, Black Bolt And Star Wars - February 20, 2017
- Free On Bleeding Cool For President’s Day: Fissure #1 By Tim Daniel And Patricio Delpeche From Vault - February 20, 2017