In the UK, there have been a number of comics published by Panini/Marvel UK featuring Marvel superheroes aimed at kids, young kids even, distrubuted in newsagents and supermarkets. Indeed, the work created for that market was then translated and redistributed across Europe and South America.
Disney recently seized the creative control of that work, with an eye to creating that kind of material for the US newstand market first, which will then be licensed for other territories. And Janelle Asselin was headhunted from DC to make that happen.
The first sign of that is Marvel Super Hero Squad, replacing Spider-Man And Friends in the UK. Disney-created original Marvel superhero stories for the young uns. And sold EVERYWHERE.
And UK creators feeling abandoned by the changes? Someone new for you to submit work to… you have the experience after all!
And naturally, all this newstand-focussed work is happening well away from the eye of one Isaac Perlmutter.
- 3 New Marvel Comics Adult Coloring Books Coming In 2018: Black Panther, New Mutants, And Avengers - July 26, 2017
- The “I’m Not Buying This For A Second” Death In Secret Empire #7 (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017
- Zatanna As A Hogwarts Professor? Frank Cho’s Sketch Covers And Commissions From San Diego Comic-Con - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017