In the UK, there have been a number of comics published by Panini/Marvel UK featuring Marvel superheroes aimed at kids, young kids even, distrubuted in newsagents and supermarkets. Indeed, the work created for that market was then translated and redistributed across Europe and South America.
Disney recently seized the creative control of that work, with an eye to creating that kind of material for the US newstand market first, which will then be licensed for other territories. And Janelle Asselin was headhunted from DC to make that happen.
The first sign of that is Marvel Super Hero Squad, replacing Spider-Man And Friends in the UK. Disney-created original Marvel superhero stories for the young uns. And sold EVERYWHERE.
And UK creators feeling abandoned by the changes? Someone new for you to submit work to… you have the experience after all!
And naturally, all this newstand-focussed work is happening well away from the eye of one Isaac Perlmutter.
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017
- Gendercrunching November 2016 – Marvel, DC, Boom, Titan, Dynamite And Valiant - January 19, 2017
- Image Comics’ $428 Humble Bundle To Benefit Human Rights Campaign For Their 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Riz Ahmed And Billie Piper In Trailer For City Of Tiny Lights - January 19, 2017
- The Panels, Guest And Signing Schedules For 2000AD’s 40 Years Of Thrill-Power Festival Next Month - January 19, 2017