In the UK, there have been a number of comics published by Panini/Marvel UK featuring Marvel superheroes aimed at kids, young kids even, distrubuted in newsagents and supermarkets. Indeed, the work created for that market was then translated and redistributed across Europe and South America.
Disney recently seized the creative control of that work, with an eye to creating that kind of material for the US newstand market first, which will then be licensed for other territories. And Janelle Asselin was headhunted from DC to make that happen.
The first sign of that is Marvel Super Hero Squad, replacing Spider-Man And Friends in the UK. Disney-created original Marvel superhero stories for the young uns. And sold EVERYWHERE.
And UK creators feeling abandoned by the changes? Someone new for you to submit work to… you have the experience after all!
And naturally, all this newstand-focussed work is happening well away from the eye of one Isaac Perlmutter.
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017